Just about to book a Celebrity cruise...questions!

Velvetwater

Velvetwater, congratulations you will love it. I must admit I am looking forward the the 1st of August so much. It's all were talking about whenever I call home.

I know you will love the Equinox. Enjoy your cruise

Me too!

My husband gets sick of me talking about cruises and hoped with this year's booked I would calm down...not a chance. :D

On the grats/select thing...

I rang up Celebrity today for reservation number stuff and asked about the dining thing. She said she has heard of select dining people requesting to adjust grats due to complaints but was not sure if it was successful. She also said that if I change my mind (I have early seating booked) I can ring up and change and pay but if theres still space I can board the ship and change and pay upfront too.

This forum seems to be changing to a place where people over analyse every comment that people make. Forgive me for what I thought was a clear post. It was our first cruise, I was unable to compare how lively the bars were against other cruise ships.

Your post was crystal clear to me[emoji41].

However one has to realise that posting anything that contradicts the cheerleaders or tipping brotherhood gets a bad response.

Having been on a few CelX boat trips I would agree that the bars are very quiet after dinner. like you it suits me fine. oh and I dont tip the bar staff ( shock horror , risking being shot here [emoji33][emoji33]). But i do get excellent service and always mention names in the famous questionnaire.

Only 8 days left before my visit to Guest Relations to remove the auto-tips [emoji12]

[emoji636][emoji574]️[emoji634][emoji482][emoji485][emoji568][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji484][emoji484][emoji484]

Edited by gcgold

Velvetwater wrote:

"Carnival lets you book flexible dining and not pay grats upfront and then you can adjust them up or down from when they appear on your account."

Celebrity does not work this way. If you book Select Dining you must pay the gratuities at the time of Final Payment and they cannot be adjusted. I believe that keithm's comment that you can remove gratuities only applies if you have the traditional fixed dining times, not if you have Select Dining.

You could be right on that. When we book, it tends to be pretty far in tha game & first seating is booked. We book select dining & switch to first seating upon boarding with the Maitre D. I asked about the gratuities. He said they get converted over to the standard set up.

Your post was crystal clear to me[emoji41].

However one has to realise that posting anything that contradicts the cheerleaders or tipping brotherhood gets a bad response.

Having been on a few CelX boat trips I would agree that the bars are very quiet after dinner. like you it suits me fine. oh and I dont tip the bar staff ( shock horror , risking being shot here [emoji33][emoji33]). But i do get excellent service and always mention names in the famous questionnaire.

Only 8 days left before my visit to Guest Relations to remove the auto-tips [emoji12]

[emoji636][emoji574]️[emoji634][emoji482][emoji485][emoji568][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji485][emoji485][emoji485][emoji484][emoji484][emoji484]

If you buy a drink, a gratuity is automatically added. If you remove the auto tip(hoping you're joking)well....enough said.

The chances of you getting poor service in Select Dining on the Equinox is virtually non-existent. After you get back from your cruise, you will probably giggle at yourself for even worrying about it. Have a wonderful time! You will love the ship.

If you buy a drink, a gratuity is automatically added. If you remove the auto tip(hoping you're joking)well....enough said.

dont buy drinks just pay the upgrade which includes mandatory tips . always remove voluntary charges then i stay in control. its up to CelX to ensure staff are adequately remunerated .

[emoji636][emoji574]️[emoji634][emoji482][emoji568][emoji482][emoji482][emoji485][emoji485][emoji484][emoji484]

If I ever sail on a cruise line called CelX I'll be sure to remember this.

sorry i meant celebrity cruises ;part of RCCI ( cannot be bothered to expand please use google [emoji32])

I never knew you could switch up guarantee cabins regardless of you location as with CCL its thats your cabin and your done. All I need is a view of the ocean and peace and quiet and I'm good.

We are not sure if we have experienced the CCL complete party atmosphere as we have done their more unusual and longer cruises with them but we enjoyed the age ranges on the ship and the general fun and friendly atmosphere.

Both cruises have flexi available and the 7 day Constellation only has that available which means I have to book flexible anyway.

I am going to go and research all the ocean view cabins and see if I would have problems with any of them. The August 1st sailing is showing that I save £400 ($600) pp by booking an OV guarantee. I have to say a youtube video of the Equinox really has me taken with her but then again my husband is tired of me seeing a ship and going 'look at her, isn't she beautiful?' :D

Have been on the Equinox 3 cruises, 1 in Med and 2 in the Caribbean you will love her. She is an awesome ship.

Last year we were on the Eclipse (her sister ship) and she also is a wonderful ship.

Enjoy.

I think you have a couple of things mixed up.

RCCL -- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd is the parent company of

RCI -- Royal Caribbean International

and Celebrity and Azamara

RCCI is a church in California

yes sorry hit I instead of L . result of large fingers small iPhone and copious glasses of vino tinto [emoji32][emoji485][emoji485]

Edited by gcgold