Sony A6000

c230k

IT'S NOT A PURSE! (It's an expedition pack)

Going to try this for carrying the kit:

0d57dbcec4656bac782a3e6db08d8497.jpg

When I want the camera handy I'll use the Peak clip

47350e47e64f19bf1b8085c6608a1cf4.jpg

With the long at the bottom, the smaller on top of it, the camera with a lens rests on top just perfectly

d0de6d6db7f42206a12161e25ded1cc6.jpg

e6db06c0e7377225c1df61b5022d2be2.jpg

The compartment has a rain cover to keep out the weather just in case.

Lots of pockets for filters, wipes, mini tripod, etc.

Nice bag. I'm a bag 'ho' and may get a new one for this cruise. Excellent idea with the koozies. I can't count how many of those I've thrown away, dang.

I just got the Peak clip myself. Planning to use it mainly with a GoPro while hiking/biking in the Med. next month.

Koozie's: between vendors throwing them at us constantly, giveaways at ball games, etc. - I have a pile of 'em.

You know, I use it as a quick and dirty GoPro cover too. At least the Hero 3 in it's case fits just right, the newer smaller ones probably not.

I counted last night, while the missus wasn't looking - currently have 7 bags laying around... I guess for decades of photography, that ain't too bad...

Out at the urban lake today just playing - used the 10 second timer that shoots a 3 frame burst and held it upside down from the monopod - just to change up the perspective a little:

18.jpg

11.jpg

Fun morning!

Out at the urban lake today just playing - used the 10 second timer that shoots a 3 frame burst and held it upside down from the monopod - just to change up the perspective a little: ....

Fun morning!

Beautiful lake, love the rowers. (Not sure what you meant by upside down :confused: )

Beautiful lake, love the rowers. (Not sure what you meant by upside down :confused: )

I didn't want to lay on my belly, so I mounted the camera on the monopod, then while standing I suspended it upside down, with the inverted camera almost touching the dock.

In other news: USPS found my macro extension tubes and is supposed to deliver them Wednesday.

UPS still has not responded to the missing package claim - 10 business days have past (their policy is to wrap up investigations in 8 working days or less), and short of a single garbled voicemail saying the investigation is still ongoing last Monday, not a single response to repeated emails.

That 12mm would have been handy yesterday with the bridges - someday...

Hey Shootr, since you are going around town having fun check out the possibilities of Arizona Falls on Indian School Rd.

John

Oh man, thanks John! I forgot all about those! I've lived here all my life, so when some "remodeling" gets done around town, I sometimes don't even notice. I plan on spending a lot of time there in the near future!

My apologies if this isn't appropriate to ask here...I upgraded from an older Sony Cyber-shot to the A6000 (I purchased it with the kit lens, along with 3 other lenses - 50mm 1.8, 55-210, and a Sigma 19mm) thinking I would use this camera for travel and spend more time composing my shots. But...I've quickly realized I'm clearly not that person. :o I never changed the lenses once on my trip and now I think this was probably a lot more than I needed.

So now I'm thinking of going back to the Cyber-shot and possibly getting the new Sony RX100mIV instead. What I'm wondering is...if it would be advisable to sell my A6000 setup or is used equipment pretty much a loss? If I did try to sell it, would you recommend it be through something like eBay or Craigslist? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Your purchased camera and gear is all new and would sell on Ebay. Have sold on Ebay for years, take pictures of you gear, also look at sold and get ideas on the best way to advertise. You will get most of your money back. In fact just sold Sony RX100 that the lens broke and would not extend, sold for $115.00. Cameras

sell very well on Ebay. Give it a go. Have also had great luck buying.

Tom :cool:

Thank you very much for the advice. I'll give ebay a try.

You can put up as an auction with a starting price, or like me do a "buy it now" or best offer. If they offer close to your asking price you can take it or reject it. To me it's faster than waiting 7 days for an auction to end and not knowing what the final price will be, Camera sales on eBay are always hot items and " Buy it now as work for me the last couple of years.

Good luck and have fun

Tom :cool::cool:

Got my extension tube set, looking forward to trying some macro magic this weekend.

UPS - aye yae yae...

The T5i and accessories I sold on eBay at the end of June...I'm on vacation last month and get a notification of a UPS charge, for the return of the camera - buyer refused the package. The auction stated "no returns".

1] They returned it to the wrong address

2] It was sold as non-returnable

3] The buyer never asked for a refund, and has not responded to me, eBay, Paypal, or UPS.

4] The address they sent it to was my old house, and the owners forgot how to speak english after they bought it, as I found out when I went and asked for the package back.

5] I sent it insured, signature required - they returned it uninsured and threw it on an exposed doorstep.

6]UPS took 3 weeks, and today happily notified me they "found the package" at the residence. However, they are having to "repackage" it because in between all this, all the bubblewrap, foam and packing paper disappeared and they found a box with all the loose pieces in it.

7] Did I mention it's been raining super heavy here over the past few days, not great conditions for a cardboard box left out in the weather...

So tomorrow UPS is bringing it to my work for me to examine. They refused to take pics of the packing as they found it, or give better detail on whether the people gave it to the driver or he found it in the flowerbed out front.

I'm not out any money - yet, but this has been the dumbest debacle I've seen in a while. I'm expecting a disaster in the morning...

...and I was right...

So the UPS brought my "package" - threw it actually - 5' from the truck to the concrete shop floor as I shook my head. This is the fantastic "re-packing" job they did, since the trolls that tried to keep it at the old house/wrong address supposedly had it in an even worse box. At least they left plenty of breathing space for it...

ups%2Bfowlup%2B01.jpg

No lens cap, dust and crud all over it - pretty sure the trolls' rugrats were playing with it in the sandbox. The autofocus just grinds, the zoom is the same way, and there's debris in it somewhere that is on every frame shot. Love how they wrapped course brown paper directly over the unprotected lens...

ups%2Bfowlup%2B03.jpg

WAIT, you say? You Shootr use filters, it's fine. Well it would have been if the filter glass wasn't MIA, with the empty ring and retainer falling into my hand as I unscrew it.

5UP1SwCG72JIhP2TBvi9RmKSpGsWVim9tS9-NJxB=w873-h582-no

Sooo, now I have to wait for an inspector to come and examine it himself.

The trolls just couldn't care less, but I wrote them a nice (NOT!) letter - whether I actually mail it or just leave them to their miserable karma is another day...

If nothing else - I can't believe how huge it was compared to my precious little Sony. That's all I needed to know that karma is watching over me in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Edited by shootr

I like the Landscape setting, it really makes daylight general outdoorsy picture colors pop the way I like it.

At daybreak/dusk, the Twilight/Sunset (can't remember what Sony calls it) one warms the sky very nicely.

Big thumbs up to Mr. John aka wmjivey for reminding me about the Arizona Falls!

Got out this morning at daybreak, while it was only 95 degrees! Went with Shutter priority on most to blur the water a bit - left the tripod in the truck - between the OSS and size/weight of the camera - I just can't get over how much fun I'm having with this!

Handheld at 1/6 sec.:

Falls05.jpg

1/10 sec.:

Falls08.jpg

Falls09.jpg

Can't wait to get back there in the evening sometime when it's lit up.

Great shots, I drive by them on the way home to North Phoenix but to stop and shoot in this temperature (114 the last week) is too crazy for me. I often think about driving to them at night one weekend the lights are supposedly great

John

Sometimes there's just no framing things the way you want:

sd05.jpg

I'm getting better at quickly dialing in changes to the settings to do things like darken the foreground.

The lighting was better on the back of this than the front, as well as a more pleasing fore- and back- ground, so I took the shot and flipped it in post.

sd19.jpg

The lighting/background shooting at the "front" side:

sd14.jpg

(Propped up on my hat, using the 10 sec. timer with the 5 frame burst - remote wouldn't reach that far)

Edited by shootr

One lesson at a time...I'm a slow learner:

Macro single frame (Bismuth crystal):

bismuth01-4.jpg

Stack of 6 images:

bismuth02.jpg

Thanks for the instructions Dave, tutorials and on line guides are usually the only way I figure features like this out.