re-booking the same cruise at a cheaper rate

cruzdude1

Hello, My wife and I have cruised three times.

1. 7 day Mexican Riviera, Holland America

2. 7 day Southern Caribbean RC

3. 7 day Alaska Celebrity

I think we are hooked enough to take one cruise a year. I booked a cruise while on Celebrity for a 2016 Southern Caribbean, I got 123 Go, plus $450 OBC, AQ class.

My problem is that when I think about it, I am not sure the AQ is worth the extra $$. We loved it on the Alaskan cruise because my wife and I spent a lot of time in the Persian Gardens. We would go lay on the heated tiles and use the sauna's for about 2 hours a day. Blu was good, we ate dinner at the other

specialty restaurants 4 nights.

On the Caribbean cruise I know we won't use the Spa as much because of the climate, and we will not be on the ship that much.

If I book the cruise and get a Veranda, I can save enough to pay for my specialty dining.

If the difference in price is $1000 US, am I just paying for the 123GO in reality?

There will be plenty of other more experienced cruisers than myself that will tell you in greater detail that canceling this cruise and rebooking will probably cost you more in lost perks. At the very least you will lose your onboard booking incentive if you cancel and rebook. However, you should be able to call celebrity or your travel agent and have them downgrade your reservation from aqua class to concierge class so that you can keep all of your promotional incentives.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Balcony cabins qualify for one of the 1,2,3 Go Promos. This promo ends tomorrow. (It will probably be back called something else later...) You can certainly call your travel agent or X, whoever you booked with, and "downgrade" to a balcony cabin and save money.

That's news to me. :eek: Why is there a desk set up at the entrance? Seems that we had to show our card to enter the Relaxation your the last time we were in an AQ on a Solstice class ship. Is this a new change?

Just to add, however -- the relaxation room in the spa area at the front of the ship is open to anyone, not just aqua class.

It is open also to those who purchase entry, and Elite and higher get one free use on a port day. Not open to everyone.

Also, to the OP, the heated beds are only on S class ships. Not sure which you are taking.

Thanks for the replies. I currently have all three of the 123GO incentives, plus about $450 in on board credit. I guess I'm a firm believer in the phrase, "there is no such thing as a free lunch".

The drink package might be worth it in the Caribbean in water alone!

First,

Relaxation room is not part of the Spa/ Persian Garden on S ships - it is a room on one of ends of the deck 11 - AQ.

In my opinion, if you like dining in BLU, by booking AQ, getting drinking package is bonus. If BLU is not important, you can just pay for drinks or buy drinking package and get balcony. It is all comes down to what is important for you. I would not pay $1000 extra to get $800 worth of drinks, if you are happy with MDR.

• 2 months later...

For $1,000 less we went from aqua class to a regular veranda, kept the drink package as a part of Bigger, Better, Best promotion. Gave up $250 of my OBC.

We were not that impressed with Blue. I can see us eating at the Tuscan multiple nights. The way I look at it, $1,000 is half the price of our next cruise!

For $1,000 less we went from aqua class to a regular veranda, kept the drink package as a part of Bigger, Better, Best promotion. Gave up $250 of my OBC.

We were not that impressed with Blue. I can see us eating at the Tuscan multiple nights. The way I look at it, $1,000 is half the price of our next cruise!

Wow, you can cruise for 2,000! Don't tell my DH... Anyway, just remember that you can't take it with you! Enjoy!

Edited by Lastdance

We're doing our Jan 2016 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise for $2,109 (including taxes and port fees) plus Classic Drink Pkg and $125 OBC to be used on the last cruise we were on. We booked on board last Jan 2015.

Wow, you can cruise for 2,000! Don't tell my DH... Anyway, just remember that you can't take it with you! Enjoy!