Thermal Suite

bltrn

According to their website the Divina offers:

Direct private entrance to MSC Aurea Spa with massage and treatment rooms dedicated to MSC Yacht Club guests; complimentary one-time use of the thermal suite (sauna & steam room)

According to their website the Divina offers:

Direct private entrance to MSC Aurea Spa with massage and treatment rooms dedicated to MSC Yacht Club guests; complimentary one-time use of the thermal suite (sauna & steam room)

It's just a sauna and a steam room. The only ships in the fleet that have something I'd refer to as a thermal suite and a re really lovely are the 2 oldest ones -Armonia and Sinfonia.

I don't think theynallow you to take photos in these areas. I certainly wouldn't be best pleased if someone was when I was there.

Loved this area on the Armonía! Booked the Aurea package on the Fantasía thinking the sauna and steam room would be the same :( I will lower my expectations! Is it still men and women together? Cheers

Loved this area on the Armonía! Booked the Aurea package on the Fantasía thinking the sauna and steam room would be the same :( I will lower my expectations! Is it still men and women together? Cheers

Yes .

Think it is only the Opera and Lirica that has separate steam/sauna for men and women.

Yes .

Think it is only the Opera and Lirica that has separate steam/sauna for men and women.

Divina is also separate steam/sauna for men and women- not sure why they are separate, as they are outside the dressing rooms and there is no nudity (at least none on my cruise).

and those sauna's were HOT!

• 6 years later...

Does anyone know if the Thermal Suite (sauna, bathtub, etc) is currently open for YC guests ? I cannot find the information on MSC website. I think the policies may not be the same for all countries. I am interested by a Mediterranean cruise. 

Edited by LeCommandant

On 9/2/2021 at 3:19 PM, LeCommandant said:

Does anyone know if the Thermal Suite (sauna, bathtub, etc) is currently open for YC guests ? I cannot find the information on MSC website. I think the policies may not be the same for all countries. I am interested by a Mediterranean cruise. 

As per MSC site,  “ saunas, steam rooms, whirlpool baths and pools , ice and snow experiences also, will be closed”

Salt inhalation room and heated loungers will be available with appointment. 

Edited by phissy

On 9/2/2021 at 6:19 PM, LeCommandant said:

We just came back from the MSC Splendida. Only the saunas were open, and by appointment only. The steam rooms were all closed, alas.

• Like 1

I was on the Meraviglia last week and the Thermal Area was open in the Spa (I used my free hour Voyager Club perk in there).  All areas were available from the Sauna, Steam Room, Heated Loungers, Salt Room, etc.  I went in the middle of the day and only 4 other people were in there that I noticed.  It was lovely and I would recommend it.

I also noticed a Sauna in the changing room for the Gym, but it never seemed to be working.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 7:22 PM, Anded said:

I was on the Meraviglia last week and the Thermal Area was open in the Spa (I used my free hour Voyager Club perk in there).  All areas were available from the Sauna, Steam Room, Heated Loungers, Salt Room, etc.  I went in the middle of the day and only 4 other people were in there that I noticed.  It was lovely and I would recommend it.

I also noticed a Sauna in the changing room for the Gym, but it never seemed to be working.

I was wondering, is the 1 hour free for any Voyager Club members or only for a certain level?

On 9/14/2021 at 7:22 PM, Anded said:

Good to know, wanting to buy the spa package for the Seashore in Feb and it is available for purchase for our cruise. Would hate to buy it and only get to use the Sauna.