Drinking age 18 on Emerald

antsp

Just to let you know that the drinking age on the Emerald at the moment has been lowered to 18, we boarded her yesterday in Ciivit... Rome, I've not seen this before on Med based cruises

Just to let you know that the drinking age on the Emerald at the moment has been lowered to 18, we boarded her yesterday in Ciivit... Rome, I've not seen this before on Med based cruises

I have a Princess brochure somewhere that says 18 on med based cruises.

Well that's a result, our 20 years old is boarding with a 21 & 24 years old at Rome to join us on our 2nd week, I've been should we say at loggerheads with Princess about this as they advise me that the lower age is only on Southampton departures, and that the brochure & FAQ haven't been updated for a while. My sons personoliser allows him to purchase the All Inclusive drinks package ahead of sailing and advised you need to be over 18 to purchase, however their response was that he would only be able to drink the non alcoholic drinks from that package as the drinking age is 21, what rubbish!!! I even sent them the screen shot stating the age limit of 18 and above and also asked why my 16 year old can't purchase the same package

Still awaiting their response....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only from Southampton apparently,!!! I did post asking had anyone ever been allowed to drink other than Southampton departures and had no replies. Totally makes sense as all of Europe has drinking age of 18.

Having recently disembarked the Emerald I concur the drinking age is 18, however if travelling with someone in the 18-20 age bracket check The Patter small print on the rear where it states the drinking age is 18 as all the signs around the ship still show the age as 21. It might be worth keeping a copy with you. Cheers!

Drinking age has always been 18 for Princess Cruises within Europe. :confused:

Only from Southampton apparently,!!! I did post asking had anyone ever been allowed to drink other than Southampton departures and had no replies. Totally makes sense as all of Europe has drinking age of 18.

No the Princess drinking age has not always been 18 within Europe.

As noted it has been Southampton cruises.

I even sent them the screen shot stating the age limit of 18 and above and also asked why my 16 year old can't purchase the same package

Still awaiting their response....

And why would you want your 16 year old to purchase an all inclusive beverage package?

I don't caribill, they have tried to convince me that the reason my 18 year old can purchase the all Inclusive package is & I quote from their email

is allowing you to add on the all inclusive beverage package as this includes all drinks under $10. This means if he purchased the package it would be any non-alcoholic drinks, such as mocktails, coffee etc, that he could purchase. It would flash up under his sail card that he is under 21 and would not be served alcohol.

So as I knew their answer is utter rubbish I've asked why it won't allow me 16 year old to purchase it. Princess just need to either agree he can drink ( which looks like it's going to be the case ) or agree that they've got it wrong and apologise.

I don't caribill, they have tried to convince me that the reason my 18 year old can purchase the all Inclusive package is & I quote from their email

is allowing you to add on the all inclusive beverage package as this includes all drinks under $10. This means if he purchased the package it would be any non-alcoholic drinks, such as mocktails, coffee etc, that he could purchase. It would flash up under his sail card that he is under 21 and would not be served alcohol.

So as I knew their answer is utter rubbish I've asked why it won't allow me 16 year old to purchase it. Princess just need to either agree he can drink ( which looks like it's going to be the case ) or agree that they've got it wrong and apologise.

What???? Why does it matter?

Why all the anger?

Edited by Colo Cruiser

In brief, Princess advised us when we booked he could drink as we were on a Med cruise, then changed it as we weren't sailing out of Southampton, then agreed that they'd not updated their website correctly or FAQ, however when our personilizer came available it was showing he could purchase the all inclusive package or bottles of beer etc, we queried this and were told the statement above, which is of course incorrect, however if they believe this to be true then my 16 year old should be able to purchase and only drink the non alcoholic drinks under $10, I'm basically throwing it back at them because they've given me incorrect information again.

Why does it matter? Which bit

In brief, Princess advised us when we booked he could drink as we were on a Med cruise, then changed it as we weren't sailing out of Southampton, then agreed that they'd not updated their website correctly or FAQ, however when our personilizer came available it was showing he could purchase the all inclusive package or bottles of beer etc, we queried this and were told the statement above, which is of course incorrect, however if they believe this to be true then my 16 year old should be able to purchase and only drink the non alcoholic drinks under $10, I'm basically throwing it back at them because they've given me incorrect information again.

Why does it matter? Which bit

I guess my point is your 16 year old will not be drinking onboard so why all the effort to "throw it back at them"?

Because it proves my point that what they've told me is rubbish, they've now got to admit that the personilizer is wrong or he can drink.. I would have been more than happy if they would have advised that the website & FAQ was incorrect but they had to make up this paragraph to try and get themselves out of it. and I'm not buying it...

You may not understand why I'm putting so much time into it but I can't stand companies that lie to make an their error look better.