Spanish Air Strike - June

Have just heard that Spanish Air Traffic Controllers are striking for 4 days in June. Luckily it starts after we arrive in Barcelona for our cruise on Allure, so no worries about missing the ship, but they will be on strike the day we fly back. Anyone know how RCI will assist if our flight is delayed or cancelled? (We have booked the flights through them by the way).

Have just heard that Spanish Air Traffic Controllers are striking for 4 days in June. Luckily it starts after we arrive in Barcelona for our cruise on Allure, so no worries about missing the ship, but they will be on strike the day we fly back. Anyone know how RCI will assist if our flight is delayed or cancelled? (We have booked the flights through them by the way).

I think they would assist in some way if you booked the flights with them as part of a package. At least I hope they would!

Could you tell me the dates you have been given for the strikes please? Thanks.

Thank you. It won't affect us then, as we're not going until the end of the month.

I hope it doesn't cause too much disruption for others travelling during that week.

Yes we should be fine. I hope those traveling earlier are okay.

According to the Sunday Times today, the strikes are planned for 8th, 10th, 12th and 14th 'paralysing Spanish airspace for two hours each morning and two more each afternoon'

I would imagine this means that flights will be affected by a knock-on effect if they go ahead, with lots of delays. We are flying in to join the Allure on the 14th but thankfully (and unusually) we have booked our flights with Royal Caribbean so they should get us to our ship :)

These sorts of strikes are fairly common in Europe and often get called off before they actually happen. Hope that's not famous last words though :p

We just went through this in May. The French air traffic controllers had called for a strike the weekend we were getting off the Allure. They chose this weekend because it was a holiday weekend in Europe. And of course our flight home was through Paris. I was on pins and needles for weeks. I called Choice Air, our airlines, etc. They all assured me they would do the best they could to get us home. As it turned out they called off the strike right before we left for the cruise. But it was nerve wracking for a while there.

You can bookmark this page and keep checking it, which is what I did:

http://www.airtrafficmanagement.net/

We just went through this in May. The French air traffic controllers had called for a strike the weekend we were getting off the Allure. They chose this weekend because it was a holiday weekend in Europe. And of course our flight home was through Paris. I was on pins and needles for weeks. I called Choice Air, our airlines, etc. They all assured me they would do the best they could to get us home. As it turned out they called off the strike right before we left for the cruise. But it was nerve wracking for a while there.

You can bookmark this page and keep checking it, which is what I did:

http://www.airtrafficmanagement.net/

Thank you for that link.

If you book using choice air, is that considered booking through RC?

Thank you for that link.

If you book using choice air, is that considered booking through RC?

Yes, when I talked to the airline the woman there told me that if there was a strike I would have to do everything through Choice Air.