Allure Med-Florence

Anybody know what time Allure docks in La Spezia and what time or how long it will take to get off the ship once in port? We have a private Rome in Limo tour set up with tickets to Uffizi at 10:30(which unfortunately the time cannot be changed). I know it's cutting it close but if we are some of the first off the ship do you think we have a chance of making it to Uffizi by 10:30??

If you're on the ship, surely you know what time it docks :confused:

As for how long it takes to get off, well La Spezia isn't a tendered port so you will be able to walk off as soon as they clear customs.

Knowing what time you dock (8.30) I think you will be pushing it to get to the Uffizi for 10.30. You will need to get the port bus out of the port or walk for around 10 minutes to get to the entrance. You will then need to find your driver and will be travelling at a busy time of day. According to Google maps the journey will take around 1hr 50mins.

If you dock early - and get off first - you may just make it. Good luck :)

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion I know the ship is listed to dock at 8:30am but was wondering if any recent cruisers could tell me if that was their actual docking time. I did not make that clear. Haven't been on a Med cruise before so I'm not sure how long the lines will be/how long it will actually take to get off the ship. The tour company thinks we MAY be able to make it to Uffizi-they are telling me 1.5-2 hrs to get to Florence. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the confusion I know the ship is listed to dock at 8:30am but was wondering if any recent cruisers could tell me if that was their actual docking time. I did not make that clear. Haven't been on a Med cruise before so I'm not sure how long the lines will be/how long it will actually take to get off the ship. The tour company thinks we MAY be able to make it to Uffizi-they are telling me 1.5-2 hrs to get to Florence. Fingers crossed!

It's my experience - having done many Med cruises - that they are usually in early. I would advise you to all be ready to get off the ship as soon as it's cleared by customs.

Also, what Google says doesn't take into account Italian driving so if your driver says he'll get you there he probably will - just hold on to your hats ;)

We did Med cruise in Sept on Liberty. We always tried to be down and ready to get off the ship before the time they said. Many days we were let off before they made the announcement that we were cleared to get off.

If you are pushed for time I'd recommend trying that!

We've been there twice, once on a RCCL tour and once on a private tour. On the RCCL tour we had to walk further to get into the city and we had pre-purchased tickets to the Uffizi. We had to grab a cab from the square and were over 30 minutes late for our timed tickets but they still let us in. Maybe you will have a tiny bit of flexibility even if they say you must be on time.

We got lost trying to get out because you exit in a different place than you enter. It took us about 45 minute to find our way out. Good Luck, enjoy.

You will be hard pressed to get off the ship and get to Florence by 10:30. But that being said, Rome in Limos is very good at getting their customers into the exhibits and the driver will may be able to negotiate at the museum a later start time for you. :)

We arrived at 8 am (on time) last week. We left the ship by 8:30 am. But you have to ride a free shuttle bus to the port entrance. There are the private tour operators waiting for their guests. If you want to go to the train station it´s app. 20 min walking.

steamboats