Starfish Beach

curious_st

We were there several years ago (before someone else purchased the island and made it into "Starfish Island" ...it was called Bannister Island) and we enjoyed our day there. Some people do not like it though (the beach), but we had a good time.

I have a complete review of it (Bannister Island) in my signature line that has tons of pictures within the review of the place and snorkeling and finding the starfish. There were plenty there when we went. It's my understanding now that they have a "pen" there that has starfish in it that you are sure to see them and hold them within this pen.

The way to get there (at least in the past) was to book an excursion from your cruise ship. It was by far the easiest thing to do since Belize is a tender port. Tendering into Belize takes about 20-30 minutes. When we booked this tour using our cruise ship (which we normally book private with an independent tour from the ports) it picked us up directly at the ship and headed over to the island instead of having to waste time tendering into port and then going with a private vendor. :)

I think mitsugirly is referring to someplace other than Starfish Beach in Grand Cayman. No pens in Cayman and was never named Bannister Island.

Reaching starfish beach is best by boat. It is sometimes included as a stop ona tour that includes the stingrays.

There are zero facilities at the location. Just wild large pincushion starfish. Always at least a few there. Sometimes a few dozen.

We were there several years ago (before someone else purchased the island and made it into "Starfish Island" ...it was called Bannister Island) and we enjoyed our day there. Some people do not like it though (the beach), but we had a good time.

I have a complete review of it (Bannister Island) in my signature line that has tons of pictures within the review of the place and snorkeling and finding the starfish. There were plenty there when we went. It's my understanding now that they have a "pen" there that has starfish in it that you are sure to see them and hold them within this pen.

The way to get there (at least in the past) was to book an excursion from your cruise ship. It was by far the easiest thing to do since Belize is a tender port. Tendering into Belize takes about 20-30 minutes. When we booked this tour using our cruise ship (which we normally book private with an independent tour from the ports) it picked us up directly at the ship and headed over to the island instead of having to waste time tendering into port and then going with a private vendor. :)

You are correct for Belize but this is the forum for Grand Cayman!