Harbour Nights Wed in Hamilton

Cancruizer

Hi All,

For those of you that have experienced Harbour nights in Hamilton on Wednesday night, is it something to plan for? Other than shops being open, is there much else?

Thanks

It is a large street fair. Many local artists have tables. There will also be colorful local Gombey dancers. Once a month the Bermuda Regiment marches. I like it and go if the weather is good. When the ships first moved to the Dockyard it was somewhat of a pain to get to Hamilton and back and I didn't bother a couple of years but the schedule they have now works well, they even put in extra return ferries, so I have been going again and most likely will go again in a few weeks.

Its like any street fair we have in my hometown. It was nice when you could walk off the ship in Hamilton and enjoy but I rather hang at the Dockyard than go all the way to Hamilton for that. Jmo. I plan on going to Hamilton during the day when the shops are open.

• 4 weeks later...
So this is just street vendors lined in the streets selling stuff and the Gombey dancers? Anything else?

What time do they have this? :confused:

Starts at 7:30 pm ends about 10:00 pm. In addition to the street vendors, local artisans, food, some play stuff for children. Gombey dancers. Last week a mobile zip line was set up. Also last week was one of the times they have the Bermuda regiment march. They only do that a few of the nights. The regiment marching was pretty boring because they spent 30 minutes with blah, blah blah, before marching and disrupted the fair in my opinion.

d3a151d4229d9bc53b020dbbfed6425d.jpg

81b2f432280d1047c335fc2d915c4c38.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

Starts at 7:30 pm ends about 10:00 pm. In addition to the street vendors, local artisans, food, some play stuff for children. Gombey dancers. Last week a mobile zip line was set up. Also last week was one of the times they have the Bermuda regiment march. They only do that a few of the nights. The regiment marching was pretty boring because they spent 30 minutes with blah, blah blah, before marching and disrupted the fair in my opinion.

Charles, I was doing a little research last night and believe I come across something that said they stop doing the Harbour Nights in September? I really hope not. If we go, we probably won't be going until late October. :(

Charles, I was doing a little research last night and believe I come across something that said they stop doing the Harbour Nights in September? I really hope not. If we go, we probably won't be going until late October. :(

Unfortunatly that is true. This year they run from the first Wednesday in June and the first Wednesday in September is the last Harbour Night of the season. That is for 2015.

Edited by Charles4515

Unfortunatly that is true. This year they run from the first Wednesday in June and the first Wednesday in September is the last Harbour Night of the season. That is for 2015.

Well darn. There goes that idea then. Back to the drawing board. :p