Main Dining Room Dining Time Question

Hello. My wife and I contacted Regent, and got different answers regarding the time the main dining room opens. Does it open at 6:00pm or 6:30pm? I have to eat early due to a condition. How is the food compared to Celebrity? Thanks!

Compass Rose opens at 6:30 p.m. which is when it is the easiest to get the table that you want. Sorry, we cannot compare with any other cruise lines (other than Silversea and Oceania). Hope you enjoy your first cruise on Regent:)

If you need something to tide you over late afternoon/ early evening, there is an afternoon tea where snacks are served which ends, I believe at 5:00, and hors-d'oeuvres are served in the bars early evening. Also, you can order a little something from room service at any time.

As far as cuisine comparisons of various cruise lines, that is clearly very subjective, but for what it's worth, I would rate Regent's cuisine far higher than Celebrity.

I have been Three cruises - two with celebrity (Galapagos and Norway) and Regent (Alaska) and we are booked next year on Regent again. Food is much better on Regent overall. I will forgive Regent for a terrible Caesar salad in Prime 7!

I have been Three cruises - two with celebrity (Galapagos and Norway) and Regent (Alaska) and we are booked next year on Regent again. Food is much better on Regent overall. I will forgive Regent for a terrible Caesar salad in Prime 7!

Regent will get you a better salad if you wish or anything you want. Regent food is better than celebrity in my three three celebrity cruises. No One will go hungry on most ships.

As the comedians say: You board as a passenger and leave as cargo!

Food is one reason my husband will not cruise on Celebrity again, plus he is spoiled now.

If you need something to tide you over until 6:30, you can order something off the room service menu anytime.