Kinsale or Kenmare

Hello, I am trying to decide between Blarney and Kinsale or the highlights of the Ring of Kerry (Kenmare, Molls Gap, Muckross, Killarney, etc.) IDK, I did my research on the highlights but still undecided. Any suggestions...:confused:

Kinsale is a lovely small town but not much else. Blarney is a tacky tourist attraction.

On the other hand, the Ring of Kerry is a natural beauty. Time however is your enemy! Unless you are talking about a visit after/before a cruise, then the Ring of Kerry from Cobh is a very long day.

Thanx VMax1700, yea it's long about 1 1/2 each way and about 3 1/2 hours of sightseeing, just wasn't sure if it was worth it. Told the tour operator needed to be back 3 hours b4 ship leaves, lol;)

You also need to factor in the famous Irish weather! If the rain comes down, you won't be able to see the end of your nose, let alone the scenery [lovely though it is]

Personally I would look for a tour which is less weather dependent and nearer to Cobh. How about visiting Cork and Waterford, with the odd Guinness on the way.

Jameson whisky distillery is excellent. This is in Middleton. Another 20 min drive from Cobh or approx. 30 min train ride (change trains at Glaunthorn). I've taken lots of people here. Cobh is pretty little town with an heritage centre and Titanic experience in town itself. Blarney Castle and grounds are nice in fine weather, but I don't know how much time you get to spend in the grounds, they are probably more interested in steering you in to the woolen mills.

It is a long drive to Kilarney, on pretty small roads, with traffic bottle necks at a few of the towns as there aren't any ring roads. There's a good chance you would be sitting on the coach for most of the time with a few minutes to take photos in each place, I would see if you can find as any reviews specifically dealing with Kilarney tours.

Hello, I am trying to decide between Blarney and Kinsale or the highlights of the Ring of Kerry (Kenmare, Molls Gap, Muckross, Killarney, etc.) IDK, I did my research on the highlights but still undecided. Any suggestions...:confused:

Should you decide to go to Kinsale, go to a pub and try a pint of the local Red Rocket beer. Have one for me! Cheers...

• 2 weeks later...
Thanx VMax1700, yea it's long about 1 1/2 each way and about 3 1/2 hours of sightseeing, just wasn't sure if it was worth it. Told the tour operator needed to be back 3 hours b4 ship leaves, lol;)

I'd be astounded if you made it from Cobh to Kenmare in 90 minutes. While there are some great roads from Cobh to beyond Cork, the last part of the journey into Kenmare is roads like this. https://*******/maps/oMe5s Bear in mind, that's a two way road.

If you get stuck behind something slow, there are limited overtaking opportunities. I'd allow myself 2 hours in each direction to Kenmare, same to Killarney.