New Gratuity Pricing - Started 6/1/15

Feelin' Nauti'

Efective June 1, 2015, for all sailings departing on or after July 1, 2015, the new recommended gratuities guideline for Celebrity Cruises will be ~~

$12.95 per day, per guest in standard staterooms,

$13.45 per day, per guest in Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms

$16.45 per day, per guest in Suite Class.

For guests’ convenience, Celebrity automatically registers the daily gratuities in guests’ folios, although guests are free to change the amount at their discretion at the ship’s Guest Relations office.

Guests who prepay their gratuities prior to June 1, 2015 can still do so based on the current guideline of $12.00 per day, per guest in standard accommodations, $12.50 per day, per guest in Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms, and $15.50 per day, per guest in Suite Class.

The adjustment will help recognize the exceptional work that Celebrity's staff and crew does to deliver unforgettable vacations every day.

I got an email from Celebrity informing about that. It is 95 cent per person/night in the balcony stateroom, so it was no reason for me to pay 6 months in advance. (German rate) But I really appreciated getting the information from Celebrity in advance.

Edited by black forest

This may be "old news" but I have not seen it before. Does anyone know the breakdown for the new gratuities, please?

I don't know if it is the same in all countries, but if you have booked in the UK and chosen Select dining, you will not have received any notification from Celebrity, as the gratuities are shown on the invoice issued when you paid your deposit and this is the price you will be charged, regardless of when you make payment. X does not seem to have posted any info so far on the breakdown for the increased gratuities.

Edited by Suzy Smith

I pre paid my tips at final payment date a couple of weeks ago at a cost of AUD $369. In Aqua so I didn't really need to do so to have Select dining. The reservation shows I have prepaid but the cost to do so now is showing as $450. Saved me a few dollars.

I don't know if it is the same in all countries, but if you have booked in the UK and chosen Select dining, you will not have received any notification from Celebrity, as the gratuities are shown on the invoice issued when you paid your deposit and this is the price you will be charged, regardless of when you make payment. X does not seem to have posted any info so far on the breakdown for the increased gratuities.

When I asked about the breakdown, I meant how is the daily rate apportioned to the different categories of crew.

This may be "old news" but I have not seen it before. Does anyone know the breakdown for the new gratuities, please?

Might be old to you' date=' but new to me, and it's not unreasonable to presume others might not know about it as well. ;)[/quote']

Probably the reason you, and many others didn't know is that this informative thread was locked a few weeks ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2207822&highlight=gratuities+increasing

Probably the reason you, and many others didn't know is that this informative thread was locked a few weeks ago.

I surely knew nothing about the increase, and I had been in touch with various representatives from Celebrity no less than eight times in the past week regarding the August cruise we just booked. No one ever mentioned it at all.

Ironically, I just transferred the cruise to a well-known internet TA yesterday morning, that always offers to sweeten the deal with pre-paid gratuities. So now I wonder if they will cover the increase for our two cabins, or if we will be responsible to pay the difference. If so, I really feel I will go to guest relations and adjust the auto-tips back down to the pre-increase $12 price, just as a matter of principle. We do sometimes tip extra for especially friendly service, but I kind of resent them slipping an increase in on us at this time and never even mentioning it.

Old news. Too late to do anything now. Thanks anyway.

Not necessarily true:

guests are free to change the amount at their discretion at the ship’s Guest Relations office.

Folks who disagree with the increase are free to visit the GR office and reduce it back to the old value. The only ones who can't do anything about it are those with Select Dining.