Copenhagen Port to Airport

Squire5000

Public transportation is also an option--which is what we are doing for our 12:20 flight. The directions for doing this are on the "Wonderful Copenhagen" thread in the Europe Ports of Call forum--post #673. The public transportation option is 36 DKK ($5.50) per person; the shuttle, I believe is $44 per person and the taxi is around 400 DKK ($60.00)

The creator of that forum, Danish Viking, is a font of useful information and he is very generous with answering questions.

Edited by GradUT

Taxi or Princess transfer, which is the best alternative? We have a 12:20Pm flight after disembarkation.

Thanks

We have used a taxi. However, even with a Princess xfer you will be at the airport in plenty of time for your flight.

Disembarking the Regal on May 2 in Copenhagen they inaugurated a limited version of the EZ Check program for $29.95 per person.

It was an option on some Scandinavian Air & Lufthansa flights departing between 10:00 am and 11:59 pm directly to the USA but were not required to use Princess transfers to participate in the program.

You get luggage tags & boarding passes, put your bags outside your cabin on the last evening, Princess transfers it directly to the airport to check-in your bags, you claim them at the first USA airport & like any other USA arrival clear US Customs and drop them at the counter for a connecting flight.

They said that by participating in the EZ Check program that airline overweight bag fees are waived. This info about the program is what I got from the application form that I kept.

This was our 2nd time disembarking in Copenhagen at about 9:00 and both times Princess repeatedly warned in bold print that "Taxis are very limited between 8:00-10:00 & we strongly advise you to utilize our transfer service". We didn't have to wait for a taxi at 9:00 on either of our Copenhagen disembarkations & the cab was less expensive than the $44/pp Princess transfer to CPH. For flights between noon & 4:00 pm Princess transfers disembarked between 7:15 and 8:40.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Public transportation is also an option--which is what we are doing for our 12:20 flight. The directions for doing this are on the "Wonderful Copenhagen" thread in the Europe Ports of Call forum--post #673. The public transportation option is 36 DKK ($5.50) per person; the shuttle, I believe is $44 per person and the taxi is around 400 DKK ($60.00)

FYI, while the 3-zone bus/train/metro ticket should have been 36 DKK per Danish Viking's info, when I disembarked on May 24 both the kiosk ticket sellers (across from the ship, just before the bus stop) and the bus driver himself asked for 48 DKK. In the case of the kiosk, it was to buy two 2-zone tickets: one to cover the terminal to the city centre, the other the city centre to the airport (which it seems a single 3-zone should have done). Maybe this will be different by the time you travel.

Anyway, the public transportation option was pretty easy, even carrying around heavy luggage. The only confusing part was when the bus let us out at the first train station (not by the front entrance), and we were all wondering at first which door to enter, then what elevator button to press for the platform, then which track direction to go. :o

We took a cab and it was easy though it was quite early and on a Sunday so there was little traffic. I don't recall the fee but it was not alarming. BTW we disembarked at around 0515 and there were taxis there already.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm pretty certain my wife won't want to do the public transportation thing but the taxi seems to be a possible alternative. On the other hand, we used Princess transfers in Southampton and found it to work very well. Something to talk about over dinner!!!!

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm pretty certain my wife won't want to do the public transportation thing but the taxi seems to be a possible alternative. On the other hand, we used Princess transfers in Southampton and found it to work very well. Something to talk about over dinner!!!!

We arrived on a Saturday & the public bus from the cruise terminal was not an option. Last May there were reports about gridlock from the Oceankaj terminal but I'm happy to report that was not a problem for us. :)