Quick question for the booking experts :)

PrincessMelody

Hi! Just a quick question...If I book directly with Princess, then later transfer the booking to a TA, is it considered a new booking with the TA for promos that say "New bookings only"?

Thanks!! :)

It is not a new booking when you transfer it.

Thanks! And once transferred it is considered to be a new booking with the TA?
No. Once you have a booking #, it's the same whether you book directly or transfer the booking to a TA. It's YOUR booking no matter what.

If you want to take advantage of a "new bookings only" promo, it is possible to cancel the original booking with Princess. Then you could re-book with a travel agent.

Things to be aware of are:

1) Are you past final payment?

2) Do you have a non-refundable deposit?

3) Are you willing to possibly have a different stateroom?

You would have an entirely new booking number and could possible lose shipboard credits, specialty dining credits, etc., from the first booking. Look at everything, not just the stateroom price, to determine the best value.

There certainly can be advantages transferring a booking to a TA though, like an additional OBC added to that of the original Princess promotion. Also our TA did a great job of keeping an eye on prices and when they were lowered, helped us get additional price reductions before final payment was due.

I usually book and rebook for the same cruise and cabin with Princess, several times, as different promotions come up that would work better for me. Princess has never given me a problem to do that.

A few years ago with Celebrity- I booked early on a sailing on the Reflection. Two weeks later, I saw that the cabin was $200 per person cheaper. Customer service absolutely would not let me cancel and rebook. I was told several times, that even if I cancel that booking, it will show in the computer when trying to rebook with current promotion, so I would absolutely not get that cabin at that cheaper price. I will say that we did have an excellent cruise, BUT it did leave a bad taste in my mouth regarding Celebrity. Now, we gave in and are doing our second Celebrity cruise on the Summit. For that ship, they have let me rebook it several times, to get better rate. Other people have said that they rarely have a problem rebooking on Celebrity and din't know what I was talking about regarding the Reflection sailing. So my conclusion is that it is hit or miss with Celebrity regarding re bookings. Princess is definately easier with that. JMHO