Carnival Paradise Charter Dec 3

jenng1976

Hi all ... Received a letter this morning saying our Dec 3rd cruise on Paradise ex Tampa was cancelled for a charter!!

Anyone else affected? I am trying to get them t cover my airline change fees, waiting for a call back from a supervisor. Figured it would help to know if anyone else was successful.

In my mind - they cancelled the cruise, not me, so should pay for my extra costs to change my flight to Miami.

So disappointing! I've read about this happening to others, but you never expect it to be YOUR cruise! But, c'est la vie I guess.

Jenn

I wonder what they would do for guests that were planning to drive to tampa, but would have to fly to Miami. I am booked on Paradise in October. It is a 12 hour drive for us, which is the maximum we are willing to drive. If our cruise were chartered, we would might have a difficult time working out a different week for a vacation. If our only real choice is to cruise out if Miami, our drive would be 15 hours. How would they compensate in this case?

I hope it works out favorably for you and all others inconvienced. CCL seriously lacks customer service at times. They should totally implement a policy that a ship must be chartered at least 1 year in advance. SMH!

Hi all ... Received a letter this morning saying our Dec 3rd cruise on Paradise ex Tampa was cancelled for a charter!!

Anyone else affected? I am trying to get them t cover my airline change fees, waiting for a call back from a supervisor. Figured it would help to know if anyone else was successful.

In my mind - they cancelled the cruise, not me, so should pay for my extra costs to change my flight to Miami.

So disappointing! I've read about this happening to others, but you never expect it to be YOUR cruise! But, c'est la vie I guess.

Jenn

The "Carnival cancelled my wedding" thread was posted by someone who was effected by this charter as well. Please let us know how things turn out

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

I wonder what they would do for guests that were planning to drive to tampa, but would have to fly to Miami. I am booked on Paradise in October. It is a 12 hour drive for us, which is the maximum we are willing to drive. If our cruise were chartered, we would might have a difficult time working out a different week for a vacation. If our only real choice is to cruise out if Miami, our drive would be 15 hours. How would they compensate in this case?

I hope it works out favorably for you and all others inconvienced. CCL seriously lacks customer service at times. They should totally implement a policy that a ship must be chartered at least 1 year in advance. SMH!

Why would they precompensate travel? Anyone who now books a flight won't be compensated, just the ones who had already bought and paid to go to Tampa before the cancellation. Driving would be optional.

Thanks everyone ... The wedding thread was posted after mine was! :)

All is good with us though - Carnival agreed to pay the flight change fee of $150 and we are now in the Victory! It's a bit more inconvenient, and the Cozumel port times not as good - but hey, we've been there before anyway!

On the positive side - we have an Oceanview now for cheaper than our original porthole, and we are on a newer ship! :)

All is good with us though - Carnival agreed to pay the flight change fee of $150 and we are now in the Victory! It's a bit more inconvenient, and the Cozumel port times not as good - but hey, we've been there before anyway!

On the positive side - we have an Oceanview now for cheaper than our original porthole, and we are on a newer ship! :)

There you go, glad it worked out for you.

Without calling up a T.V. station!:D

Haha ... Yes! I realized later my thread title wasn't dramatic enough when I saw all the responses on the other thread! ;)

It really wasn't too much effort to get them to pay our airfare change fee.

Though to be fair I would have been really disappointed too, if it had been my wedding cruise.

Haha ... Yes! I realized later my thread title wasn't dramatic enough when I saw all the responses on the other thread! ;)

It really wasn't too much effort to get them to pay our airfare change fee.

Though to be fair I would have been really disappointed too, if it had been my wedding cruise.

Anyone would be disappointed and upset. But before thinking things out, the rant and accusations came out and that set the tone of the thread.

Great attitude, keep it up and have a fabulous sailing :) Victoy is a lovely ship!

Thanks for letting know the outcome. Good to hear the positive tone even with the inconvenience.

Happy sailing!

Jenn

We got the email too and instead of rescheduling, we cancelled and should get our refund in 10 days...

I wonder who charter the boat?? does anyone know??

We got the email too and instead of rescheduling, we cancelled and should get our refund in 10 days...

I wonder who charter the boat?? does anyone know??

That's too bad you had to cancel! Hopefully the refund won't take long.

I thought I read it was some kind of country group that chartered it? I'm not positive though.

So glad it to worked out well for you! You have a great attitude and I'm sure you'll have a fun cruise!

So glad it to worked out well for you! You have a great attitude and I'm sure you'll have a fun cruise!

Thanks! I'm sure we will have a great time! :)

We are cruising with my parents who live in Florida for the winter, so it's nice to be able to spend time with them and have a getaway too!

Your past post said you didn't like the décor, but service was outstanding!

Yes. The crew is incredible. That's about it. The more ships I experience, the more I realize how bad that one is. Aside from the crew!

• 1 month later...

I can tell you who chartered it. A health and wellness company called It Works! Global based in Palmetto, FL. They are using it as an incentive trip for their distributors. I'm working on earning my free spot!! :)

I can tell you who chartered it. A health and wellness company called It Works! Global based in Palmetto, FL. They are using it as an incentive trip for their distributors. I'm working on earning my free spot!! :)

How many wraps do you have to sell to get the trip?

thanks for the info, hope you get your spot... :D