new info on $50 birthday coupon

chrismch

Make sure you open email from Celebrity that says "birthday bliss." About 2 wks ago there were postings about the $50 birthday coupon which I did not receive and was told by Celebrity that they only sent them to "some people" which annoyed me. Then lo and behold one showed up in my email yesterday! Unlike the ones I was told about by other CC posters this one did not have an expiration date and even though it said it was for new bookings I can still use it since I have not yet made my final payment for my Jan 06 cruise. So if you haven't yet received it, keep checking your email and make sure you are on Celebrity's email list!:p

Make sure you open email from Celebrity that says "birthday bliss." About 2 wks ago there were postings about the $50 birthday coupon which I did not receive and was told by Celebrity that they only sent them to "some people" which annoyed me. Then lo and behold one showed up in my email yesterday! Unlike the ones I was told about by other CC posters this one did not have an expiration date and even though it said it was for new bookings I can still use it since I have not yet made my final payment for my Jan 06 cruise. So if you haven't yet received it, keep checking your email and make sure you are on Celebrity's email list!:p

My birthday is this Sunday and I got my coupon via e-mail on Monday night. TA faxed it to Celebrity Tuesday morning...waiting to hear if credit was applied. Our final payment isn't due till January for our April Mercury cruise.

Wow, is that true? I made final payment for my 10/31 cruise, but there is another one coming up in March. I have to call my T/A. My fingers are crossed!

3 days ago & my TA emailed me back that I get $50 onboard credit on Nov & May too!

I got a coupon in my e-mail, but it wasn't a birthday coupon. It was an Anniversary Coupon. Our Anniversary was in July, but who cares, I still got a $50 coupon.

Anne Maria

The coupon I got about a month ago was only good if bookings were made between certain dates. When I called they said I could not benefit because I made my original booking before that date. Is this is a new one?

Hi! This is my first time posting on this board. I also got a birthday coupon (My birthday is March 2, but, whatever). I called Celebrity & was told that if I booked thru a TA, let the TA apply for the onboard credit. When my TA called Celebrity, she was told that I was to mail it in myself, since we had already booked last week.

My question is that, on the coupon, it says to either mail it in with the final payment, or 14 days before sailing. But, my TA will be charging my credit card for the final payment, so, do ya think I can just send in my coupon now? I don't want to screw this up. Any advice?

Thanks, Lainie

Hi! This is my first time posting on this board. I also got a birthday coupon (My birthday is March 2, but, whatever). I called Celebrity & was told that if I booked thru a TA, let the TA apply for the onboard credit. When my TA called Celebrity, she was told that I was to mail it in myself, since we had already booked last week.

My question is that, on the coupon, it says to either mail it in with the final payment, or 14 days before sailing. But, my TA will be charging my credit card for the final payment, so, do ya think I can just send in my coupon now? I don't want to screw this up. Any advice?

Thanks, Lainie

Your TA should send it in along with your final payment to Celebrity. Not sure where the disconnect is there.

Were the b'day coupons valid only for certain categories or good even for inside cabins? My own b'day is coming up soon so I think I will call Celebrity to find out about getting one. We are booked on a Celebrity cruise for next summer so are still quite a ways from final pymt. time. On the other hand, we have sailed RCCL over 10 times and therefore have been "grandfathered" into Celebrity's past passenger club. Hope this means we are still elligible for the coupon????

Here's what I was told 2wks ago by Celebrity...They emailed the "birthday bliss" randomly to captain's club members and non members. If you didn't get one, oh well that was just the marketing department and they had no control over it. Then 2 days ago they apparently did a new email posting and mine appeared in my email. It is good for any cabin. My coupon apparently had a typo glitch so it just said "you must book your cruise between and." I believe it should have had dates of August ? and October ? 2005. Also to let you know, I just recently signed up for email with Celebrity even though I am a past cruiser with them. So I don't know if that is why I got the mailing or not. And my birthday isn't in that time span either. So it was the luck of the email gremlins!:p

I spoke to CC and they advise to fax in the coupon or mail it in. No need to wait at all. They will apply it to your cabin. I have my credit show up very quickly when I called to confirm yesterday. I have two cruises booked and they applied it to both!!!

I received the birthday coupon in the first mailing,, which was a week after the valid booking dates indicated on the coupon. I'd booked/made deposit on a 14 night cruise for April just the week before.... only six hours before the applicable date of the coupon, so I'd been within hours of the applicable date in making the reservation and providing the deposit. Since the coupon had not arrived prior the the dates of validity, I called the Captain's Club to ask if it could be applied to the newly booked cruise. I was told that it could not be applied to my most recent reservation since the booking was made earlier than the dates listed. It was somewhat of a letdown to receive a coupon and then be told that it could not be applied.:(

We also received the e-mailed coupon, saying we must book "between and."

It's nowhere near anyone's birthday in our household. We are Captain's Club and we're on the X e-mail list. Our final payment was due in 2 days, so I called our TA, who called Celebrity.

They said "the birthday coupons are all messed up." They also said we couldn't use it since we'd booked our cruise in July. (Funny, if they'd sent the coupon in conjunction with our birthdays, we could have used it on our original booking in July.) Our TA offered to mail it in on our behalf.

I don't know what's worse: coupons that are so vague or restrictive that you can't use them, or INCONSISTENT acceptance of coupons. It seems the latter is what is at work here.

We used to have problems like this w/RCCL coupons. Could never seem to qualify. But FINALLY 3 or 4 yrs. ago we found a cruise we could use them on and eventually have used 2 more. I agree that no matter which line, the right hand often doesn't seem to know what the left is doing. And the wording can be tricky. We had one that I even called and checked on since it was worded as it would be valid for every cabin booked. But once booked, they would only accept it on the first of 2 cabins. I was told once that some coupons "shouldn't have gone out" that did, and the co. was apologetic and "currently straightening out the issue"! Sometimes I wonder if it depends upon who your T/A is and how much clout they have from booking oodles of cruises w/that line. Or perhaps it has to do w/how often you cruise w/them and at what level? (My friend hasn't been on as many RCCL cruises yet as I have, yet she always books at least balcony cabins or above. Recently she just got to my past cruiser's club level, and each time she goes on a cruise, she deposits w/RCCL for another one, and often has 2 or 3 stacked. Suddenly she has been getting treated like a queen and is getting way more perks than we ever did! Also complained about a slight problem on a cruise that was no big deal and was sent $150 coupon right away. (My neighbor waited 9 mos. for just a response to a more serious issue!) So, who knows?

I received the birthday coupon in the first mailing,, which was a week after the valid booking dates indicated on the coupon. I'd booked/made deposit on a 14 night cruise for April just the week before.... only six hours before the applicable date of the coupon, so I'd been within hours of the applicable date in making the reservation and providing the deposit. Since the coupon had not arrived prior the the dates of validity, I called the Captain's Club to ask if it could be applied to the newly booked cruise. I was told that it could not be applied to my most recent reservation since the booking was made earlier than the dates listed. It was somewhat of a letdown to receive a coupon and then be told that it could not be applied.:(

I got the anniversary coupon today and called because I was 1 day early in booking my Feb. Zenith cruise. I asked them if I needed to cancel and rebook and they told me no that it would be honored. Call again and gently "threaten" to rebook and see what happens. Good luck!

Also received a Birthday OBC for $50. Booked a cruise but it doesn't sail till Jan 2007. My coupon says the same...book before and. ie..no dates. I sure hope they remember to give me the OBC 16 months from now. My TA assured me that the coupon is good that far out.

I received the birthday coupon as well, and my birthday is also in March. I also happened to just book another cruise while I was on my Infinity trip which was within the timeframe specified on the coupon so I can use the coupon. Now today, I arrived home and I had a letter from Infinity thanking me and giving me a $50 COUPON for me and one for a friend to be used on a new booking!!!!! Good for new bookings, but can't combine with other coupons - BOO

I received the $50 "anniversary" coupon this week and am planning on booking soon, just not sure with whom. I noticed on some of the online sites that they ding you for coupons (16%, 25%, etc on the face value). Has anyone had this happen for an onboard credit? Would they do the same for the stock holder credit?

Archived