Drinks for Children 6-10 yrs old

dazey

Our grandkids(5) drink at most a soda a day on a vacation. They usually drink juice or water during a normal day with a glass of milk. What drink is included in the standard cruise fare? Not sure the soda package would work for them.Can they get sparking water or just flat water with dinner or a juice?

We(6 adults) have the drink package and know we will all make out with that.

Our grandkids(5) drink at most a soda a day on a vacation. They usually drink juice or water during a normal day with a glass of milk. What drink is included in the standard cruise fare? Not sure the soda package would work for them.Can they get sparking water or just flat water with dinner or a juice?

We(6 adults) have the drink package and know we will all make out with that.

They will do fine with the basic included beverages....you can always order them an individual soda...absolutely no reason to even consider a drink package for them.....Enjoy your cruise...we travel with toddler grandchildren and luckily they have never even tasted soda but that's just a matter of time ;)

Ice water, tea, (coffee, but they won't be drinking that!!), lemonade or flavored waters, milk and juice at breakfast are included in your fare.

If they only get 1 soda per day, you can buy a can of soda without a package...1 can makes 2 glasses over ice! More than enough for kids!!!

You all made it very clear standard beverages would work for all grandkids. I think the children know that if they ask the grandparents if they can get a Shirley Temple we will say yes and their parents will not object to as we are on vacation. What is available will work just fine. I appreciate your responses as I could not get a good answer on the Norwegian's site.

My husband and I sail on Celebrity always but since we are taking the family we thought Breakaway and Norwegian would be a good choice and a chance to try another line. Sounds like lots of fun. The kids have fun no matter what vacation choice we are on - as it should be.

We were just on Norwegian with a 3-year old. He always received orange juice (real, not flavored water) at lunch and dinner for no charge. And we did not have a beverage package. Milk and water were available as well.

When we went on Carnival last year we brought on some can pop (for the adults) and juice boxes for DS. I don't know what or how much you can/want to carry on board, but it worked well for us as it was nice to have a pop available when we wanted it and juice boxes are easy to bring for port days.

The juices/lemonade and milk avail on board were enough for DS, but those juices are pure sugar... We cut them with 1/2 water and DS still thought they were great. I think more than anything he just loved being able to use the juice/water dispenser on his own!