Mailed Luggage Tags

dwgreenlee

I depart on Insignia on 08 July and fly to Miami on 01 July. I still have not received the mailing with luggage tags, etc. I called and was told they were in the mail but it seems like I should have them by now. Any thoughts?

I depart on Insignia on 08 July and fly to Miami on 01 July. I still have not received the mailing with luggage tags, etc. I called and was told they were in the mail but it seems like I should have them by now. Any thoughts?

The O website FAQs say they are sent to your TA or to you direct approx 21 days before embarkation.

We opt for delivery direct rather than to our TA and expect we'll see our docs arrive at some point in mid June for a July 7 departure.

In our experience

The cruise planner usually comes 4-8 wks prior to your cruise the luggage tags are in the back of the booklet

I would ask your TA if they will be send to them first??

Ours come direct from O

Not to worry as the porters will have extra tags they can attach when you drop your bags

Edited by LHT28

In our experience

The cruise planner usually comes 4-8 wks prior to your cruise the luggage tags are in the back of the booklet

I would ask your TA if they will be send to them first??

Ours come direct from O

Not to worry as the porters will have extra tags they can attach when you drop your bags

No TA - I do not use them. Thanks for the input - I will wait by the mailbox. r/Don

No TA - I do not use them. Thanks for the input - I will wait by the mailbox. r/Don

In that case, did you fill out your pre-cruise questionnaire?

You'll need to have that completed before your documents are issued.

In that case, did you fill out your pre-cruise questionnaire?

You'll need to have that completed before your documents are issued.

Yes - assuming you mean the guest registration form - even got a completed copy of it emailed back to me. All paid as well, shorex booked and paid, dining reservations made - just short luggage tags. Thanks for the response - I am wondering if I missed something as well. r/Don

Edited by dwgreenlee

You may want to rethink the "no TA."

Could be you're losing a "chunk o change" in OBC not to mention the savings on occasional O/partner TA special deals.

You may want to rethink the "no TA."

Could be you're losing a "chunk o change" in OBC not to mention the savings on occasional O/partner TA special deals.

Not worried about that stuff - just want my luggage tags. r/Don

I'm sure that you know that they aren't cardboard tags in the traditional sense, anymore.

These days, they're peel and stick strips

Thanks for the image. It was 2012 when I last traveled on Oceania and I really did not remember what they looked like. The other 5 cruise lines - including NCL - I deal with have all converted to electronically delivered tags. It is still a little over 4 weeks till departure so I will just wait by the mail (snail mail) box. r/Don

On our April cruise on Marina somehow we did not received our package. When I inquired I was told it had been mailed several weeks earlier. (A couple in Israel received theirs and we were still waiting which is what impelled me to ask the question.) So Oceania had to send a second package fairly close to our departure date .... but we DID get them in time!

Mura

On our April cruise on Marina somehow we did not received our package. When I inquired I was told it had been mailed several weeks earlier. (A couple in Israel received theirs and we were still waiting which is what impelled me to ask the question.) So Oceania had to send a second package fairly close to our departure date .... but we DID get them in time!

Mura

Thanks for the input. I am going to call them again at the 4 week mark - next Wednesday - and ask for a second mailing. r/Don

Thanks for the image. It was 2012 when I last traveled on Oceania and I really did not remember what they looked like. The other 5 cruise lines - including NCL - I deal with have all converted to electronically delivered tags. It is still a little over 4 weeks till departure so I will just wait by the mail (snail mail) box. r/Don

You should have had them by now..did you get your cruise vacation guide..they are in there and you get those about 8 weeks before departure..

Jancruz1

You should have had them by now..did you get your cruise vacation guide..they are in there and you get those about 8 weeks before departure..

Jancruz1

No mailing at all. I know what to expect unless it changed since my 2012 trip. The package they send is pretty much useless except for the luggage tags. I seem to remember that I got the 2012 mailing 6 - 8 weeks out then but things do change. I spoke to them last Wednesday and they said it was in the mail. As noted, I am going to call again next Wednesday. r/Don

No mailing at all. I know what to expect unless it changed since my 2012 trip. The package they send is pretty much useless except for the luggage tags. I seem to remember that I got the 2012 mailing 6 - 8 weeks out then but things do change. I spoke to them last Wednesday and they said it was in the mail. As noted, I am going to call again next Wednesday. r/Don

That didnt change..you should have received it..I suggest you call today and just ask for luggage tags to be sent themselves if you dont care about the book..next week you will get your final documents by email..

Jancruz1

That didnt change..you should have received it..I suggest you call today and just ask for luggage tags to be sent themselves if you dont care about the book..next week you will get your final documents by email..

Jancruz1

New story. Spoke to Linda who said they were issued yesterday - last week they were in the mail - and I should receive them in 7-10 days. She told me the delay was because I just booked it April, I noted that was April 2014 and April 2015 to June 2015 should be plenty of time anyway, then she said I took a change offer and I noted that there was no change in the booking since April 2014. Anyway, not real sure what is going on but she assured me they were in the mail. I will call again next Wed and see what the story is then. Seems like a lot of trouble for luggage tags.

New story. Spoke to Linda who said they were issued yesterday - last week they were in the mail - and I should receive them in 7-10 days. She told me the delay was because I just booked it April, I noted that was April 2014 and April 2015 to June 2015 should be plenty of time anyway, then she said I took a change offer and I noted that there was no change in the booking since April 2014. Anyway, not real sure what is going on but she assured me they were in the mail. I will call again next Wed and see what the story is then. Seems like a lot of trouble for luggage tags.

That story is just that a story..I checked for you and the plant is running behind printing the CVG..If you want just luggage tags, again I suggest you ask for them to be sent out to you blank and you can fill in the cabin..

Jancruz1

You really, really need a good TA to handle this sort of thing for you. Forget about discounts, rebates, TA perks, this is the sort of thing a good TA does in moments. They know who to call.

Jancruz1

So much conflicting info. Just talked to an Oceania phone supervisor who said our "cruise planner" (the folder with the printed luggage tags) for a 7/7/15 departure has not yet been sent out and it should be closer to the three weeks cited in the O web FAQs. Sometimes they'll go out sooner. But, right now they're actually running a bit late.

Didn't ask about any priority based on cabin class, which could also account for different arrival times.

Also, to squash another rumor, she said there is no immediate intention to move to "print your own" tags.

As I mentioned before the porters will have extra tags at the port

just tell them you do not have them when you drop your bags they will give you some

In our experience the Final Docs are emailed as Jan said about 3 wks prior

The Cruise Planner can arrive 4-8 wks prior usually we get it about 6 wks

Two different items

Just take your final invoice to show them at the port ..Miami people are pretty strict about seeing something to show you are on the cruise

Same thing in Montreal a few weeks ago

That story is just that a story..I checked for you and the plant is running behind printing the CVG..If you want just luggage tags, again I suggest you ask for them to be sent out to you blank and you can fill in the cabin..

Jancruz1

Thanks, I will call them again and ask for blank luggage tags. The first lady I talked to did mention delays but assured me they were on the way. They all seem a little flustered but that is understandable if there are production problems. Thanks again for decoding the situation. r/Don

You really, really need a good TA to handle this sort of thing for you. Forget about discounts, rebates, TA perks, this is the sort of thing a good TA does in moments. They know who to call.

I do not see how a TA is going to fix document production problems. r/Don