May 14th Princess Cruise With Glacier Bay

sophiegracie

We are looking at a May 14th Princess cruise to Alaska that included Glacier Bay. Should we have any concerns with going this early in the season? Do we need to be concerned about Glacier Bay being cancelled? I'm not too worried about shopping but more about the weather, excursions being available, etc. Thank you for any help or guidance!

I am not aware of Glacier Bay ever being cancelled. There is a 99.99% chance you will go there. Bring warm clothing for the day (ear protection, scarf, etc..).

Edited by Coral

There is always a possibility that some port or excursion such as Glacier bay is canceled. One ship missed Hubbard Glacier this week, and that is amazing to me, but you never know what the Alaskan weather might do.

Should you worry about it or book later in the season? Probably not it can happen at any time and is just something that you have to be prepared to deal with.

There is always a possibility that some port or excursion such as Glacier bay is canceled. One ship missed Hubbard Glacier this week, and that is amazing to me, but you never know what the Alaskan weather might do.

Should you worry about it or book later in the season? Probably not it can happen at any time and is just something that you have to be prepared to deal with.

Hubbard glacier is missed quite a bit, not as often as Tracy Arm but still is missed. This doesn't surprise me at all.

I don't remember reading on this board anytime that Glacier Bay has been missed. You may have bad weather while visiting but I don't think it will be missed. Hubbard, Tracy Arm and College Fiords are much more likely to be missed.

Edited by Coral

We were on the May 16th saying of the Crown Princess and we had fantastic weather. I think the sights are prettier in the spring than any other time because there is still lots of snow in the mountains. We saw lots of wildlife, including bears, mountain goats, whales, see otters, eagles, etc. No problem getting into Glacier Bay. Do not hesitate to book for May.

I as previously booked on that RT itinerary from Vancouver....until I found a deal on the Star for this year.

Often May has the best weather of the season so I think you should go for it :D

Edited by LEtue