Notified of Price Changes

Kaibocan

I don't know of any automatic notifications. What I do is save the cruise and then I visit "Saved Cruises" frequently on the Princess website. When I see that cruise price has dropped, I call my TA and have it refared.

I think the short answer is no. The Princess web site has an option to save cruises which used to be an easy way to check for yourself. The option to save is still there but checking prices has become a bit a pain. Even when I work with aTA I check it daily myself.. It is not to anyones advantage to alert you of a price drop.

Edited by Nan_Sea

You can also sign up for price drops on CC. GO to the Deals tab and at the bottom is says Price drops. Fill in the information and then add your email. You will get a notification every Friday of any price changes.

But checking daily has become a habit. It seems my best "finds" are late at night.

Is there an easy way to get notified of price changes? I'm not working with a travel agent this time. I've already booked my New England cruise but I want to stay on top of any price changes ;)

Take a look at c r u i s e f i s h (dot) n e t. For 99¢ they will notify you of any change in price on your sailing.

I just use a good TA and pay a lot less to start with.

That is a good suggestion & I have used a travel agent & gotten a few perks. But finding a good agent is difficult. And I have found when you ask others onboard about their travel agent they act like you asked for their bank PIN number

Is there an easy way to get notified of price changes? I'm not working with a travel agent this time. I've already booked my New England cruise but I want to stay on top of any price changes ;)

You just have to keep watching the prices. ;)

You can also sign up for price drops on CC. GO to the Deals tab and at the bottom is says Price drops. Fill in the information and then add your email. You will get a notification every Friday of any price changes.

There have been a number of price drops on cruises I have been booked on and did not receive any information about these on the weekly CC notification.

Also, the notification comes on Friday. Weekend specials that pop up and expire before the next Friday will never make the e-mail.

Are you on the Cruise Critic roll call for your cruise?

I often find out about price drops from posts on the roll call thread.

I just use a good TA and pay a lot less to start with.

As do we but on rare occasion there is a price drop somewhat below the TA's group fare and he gets it for us if we bring it to his attention.

As referenced earlier, but no one picked up on it: I have used the criuisefish dot net website to get notifications of price changes or cabin category availability (when sold out). It's a great site. Usually TA prices are percentage discounts off Princess "list" price, so any change from Princess will likely result in a potential TA price change as well. What the site does not track are changes in perks, like OBC increases or specialty dinner offers, etc.

You can buy a bundle of 12 "alerts" for $10. A bargain, in my opinion. My TA has been surprised on several occasions that I knew of a price change before he did.

Edited by Redhaven