Lobster Night

Nysealover1

When is lobster night on the Gem? I saw a video that on other NCL ships, it is served as part of the buffet. Does anyone know if that is true for Gem? :)

Lobster night is gone. It's replaced with lobster pasta on the second night. You're not missing much. There's lobster in Le Bistro on the $10 upgrade menu. If you have the UDP, it's included.

Edited by Sizzlechest

Lobster night is gone. It's replaced with lobster pasta on the second night. You're not missing much. There's lobster in Le Bistro on the $10 upgrade menu. If you have the UDP, it's included.

Just to add to what you said, lobster is also included under the UDP if you get it as an add on at Cagneys. My GF parents got it last month our cruise.

Just to add to what you said, lobster is also included under the UDP if you get it as an add on at Cagneys. My GF parents got it last month our cruise.

whao!

didn't know you can get add-on items at Cagneys. :confused:

cagney menu:

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/19626_STEAKHOUSE_Web_Epic_051613.pdf

it says nothing about add-on items.

What else can you add on?

and did the parents know the lobster add-on was free?

or was just pleasantly surprised when they got the bill?

Edited by fstuff1

whao!

menu:

Neither did we. lol I didn't think they would. But they asked and out came the lobster no charge. They said earlier they would pay for it if they had to. I've got no idea what else you can ask for.

Edited by pboxfun

We haven't had the lobster pasta in the main dining rooms, but the lobster Alfredo in La Cucina is really good, though salty. Ask your server for extra lobster, and you'll get it.

whao!

cagney menu:

What else can you add on? ...

Look under Fisherman's corner. It has lobster tail and shrimp which, if ordered as a second entree, is an 'add on' or ask for just the lobster tail and it is added on, $10 charge for those without UDP.

You can add on any entree extra as add on.

Edited by NMLady

Look under Fisherman's corner. It has lobster tail and shrimp which, if ordered as a second entree, is an 'add on' or ask for just the lobster tail and it is added on, $10 charge for those without UDP.

You can add on any entree extra as add on.

wait... a 2nd entrée at cagneys/Le bistro is $10 even with UDP, according to the UDP terms + conditions.

so if both the lobster linguine entrée and lobster only add-on are both $10, I'm surprised the lobster add-on is free with UDP.

but im not going to question it.

i'm going to try it and add the lobster tail to my ribeye. if they charge me (I have udp), i'll pay for it.

even if I ordered the lobster linguine as my 2nd entrée, I wasn't going to eat the linguine anyway.

Edited by fstuff1

I think there's some confusion about this, but I'm not 100% sure myself, so here's what I know.

The current menu is this: http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/19626_STEAKHOUSE_Web_Epic_051613.pdf

The lobster is an entree, not an add on. The OLD Cagney's menu had a 6 oz lobster tail add on for $8:

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-gem-cagneys-menu.html

Unless some ships still list a lobster tail add-on, I think that's old information.

I think there's some confusion about this, but I'm not 100% sure myself, so here's what I know.

The current menu is this: http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/19626_STEAKHOUSE_Web_Epic_051613.pdf

The lobster is an entree, not an add on. The OLD Cagney's menu had a 6 oz lobster tail add on for $8:

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-gem-cagneys-menu.html

Unless some ships still list a lobster tail add-on, I think that's old information.

hm..

pboxfun, which ship were you on last month for the free lobster add-on?

We sailed on the Getaway and returned today. We had unlimited dining, and had lobster at both Cagneys and Le Bistro for no additional fee. The lobster tail in Cagneys was served in shell and was wonderful. The Lobster in Le Bisto was cut into large pieces and had a cream sauce on it. It was presented on top of the lobster shell. Portions were bigger at Le Bistro, but I personally liked Cagneys the best. Although preferences of different people vary......

We sailed on the Getaway and returned today. We had unlimited dining, and had lobster at both Cagneys and Le Bistro for no additional fee. The lobster tail in Cagneys was served in shell and was wonderful. The Lobster in Le Bisto was cut into large pieces and had a cream sauce on it. It was presented on top of the lobster shell. Portions were bigger at Le Bistro, but I personally liked Cagneys the best. Although preferences of different people vary......

Anet01, the lobster tail in Cagneys, was that a full lobster tail or just a half lobster tail?

whao!

cagney menu:

and did the parents know the lobster add-on was free?

or was just pleasantly surprised when they got the bill?

I added lobster tail to my filet at Cagney's on my May 23 Getaway cruise. I also had lobster in Le Bistro. We had UDP. There was no charge for lobster under UDP. The Cagney's lobster tail was smaller than the Le Bistro tail, but it was an entree at Le Bistro and not an add on.

Edited by WoodsDrive

I added lobster tail to my filet at Cagney's on my May 23 Getaway cruise. I also had lobster in Le Bistro. We had UDP. There was no charge for lobster under UDP. The Cagney's lobster tail was smaller than the Le Bistro tail, but it was an entree at Le Bistro and not an add on.

This is excellent news! It should be in a sticky :)

This is excellent news! It should be in a sticky :)

It goes against the written policy. I'm sure it happened, because we all know that things aren't always enforced properly. But in the event someone is denied this, which I have seen happen, and which coincides with written policy, they certainly can't be too upset. Sometimes the rules are ignored and people get lucky. Sometimes they aren't.

I watched a guy go ballistic in Cagney's because the waitress told him there'd be an additional $10 charge to add the extra lobster entree. He argued that he had UDP. She referred him to the terms. He just wanted to be angry on his trip, I guess.

It was like watching a 2 year old not get his way. Now, if he'd busted out with "but I read on CC..." we'd have laughed our butts off.

Edited by LrgPizza

Anet01, the lobster tail in Cagneys, was that a full lobster tail or just a half lobster tail?

It was three pieces, approx 1.5 tails. The tails were smaller by about 2 ounces in Cagneys, but again, because I didnt care for the cream sauce at Le Bistro personally, I liked them much better at Cagneys. I had the tails at Cagneys twice, and paired them with grilled shrimp.