Hong Kong Overnight

Aggie83

How do overnight stays work while in port? I couldn't find anything on the Princess web site. Our cruise has an overnight in Hong Kong and I wanted to know if we are expected to be back on the ship at a certain time in the evening. Is it possible to schedule evening activities/tours in Hong Kong that aren't Princess excursions?

How do overnight stays work while in port? I couldn't find anything on the Princess web site. Our cruise has an overnight in Hong Kong and I wanted to know if we are expected to be back on the ship at a certain time in the evening. Is it possible to schedule evening activities/tours in Hong Kong that aren't Princess excursions?

There will be no problems. The gangway will be open all night. Schedule anything you want. Was on the Sapphire last November and we had an overnight in Hong Kong. Got back to the ship after midnight and no problems. Have a great cruise.

Whatever else you do in the evening, be certain to catch the 15 minute symphony of light show that starts at 8 PM every night.

If the ship docks at the Ocean Terminal, viewing is great from the Kowloon Public Pier, just a few block away.

George

Thank you everyone for the helpful information. Now I just have to figure out what to do that evening!

We always enjoyed taking the tram up Victoria Peak and having dinner at the top. Not sure what the restaurants are like these days though, it's some years since we were last there.

Whatever else you do in the evening, be certain to catch the 15 minute symphony of light show that starts at 8 PM every night.

If the ship docks at the Ocean Terminal, viewing is great from the Kowloon Public Pier, just a few block away.

George

The light show is fabulous

Overnights in Hong Kong are excellent. Plenty of transport just outside the terminal. Disembarkation in HK is another story. Make sure you are up for the entrance into the Harbour.

When we were on the Diamond in 2013, we were only scheduled for one day in Hong Kong, but because we had to miss Shanghai due to weather, the captain arranged for us to have another day and consequently an overnight. We had to anchor outside the harbor and tender in the first day, since it was a last minute thing, but the following day we had a berth at the terminal. We were told if we got back to the ship after 2:00 am the first night it wouldn't be where it was and given instructions on how to get to it's new location lol. We were happy we got to see the light show the first night after sightseeing, but the second night, the captain timed our departure so that we saw the show as we sailed out of the harbor. The staff played the accompanying music through the ships speakers and they sold champagne on deck. It was one of my favorite travel memories. It is so much better to view the light show from the water because if you are on land, you are missing half of it.