Thoughts on M-class vs. S-class Celebrity Suite

puppyluv1

We had the opportunity to stay in a Celebrity Suite on Summit in Oct 2013. We certainly enjoyed being in a suite, but to be honest didn't love certain aspects of the room. The couch was worn and the cushions didn't even sit flat on the couch. Ended up sitting on a dining table chair to watch TV. The bathroom was small and the bedroom felt very closed in.

Since then, we stayed in a Sky Suite on Solstice which we loved. We'll be in a Sky Suite on Summit in a few weeks and are very excited about the new suite dining room.

Given the additional perks, we're considering a CS on Solstice and was wondering if anyone has experienced both and could provide a comparison, pros and cons.

As always, looking forward to the valuable insight of CC members!

We had the opportunity to stay in a Celebrity Suite on Summit in Oct 2013. We certainly enjoyed being in a suite, but to be honest didn't love certain aspects of the room. The couch was worn and the cushions didn't even sit flat on the couch. Ended up sitting on a dining table chair to watch TV. The bathroom was small and the bedroom felt very closed in.

Since then, we stayed in a Sky Suite on Solstice which we loved. We'll be in a Sky Suite on Summit in a few weeks and are very excited about the new suite dining room.

Given the additional perks, we're considering a CS on Solstice and was wondering if anyone has experienced both and could provide a comparison, pros and cons.

As always, looking forward to the valuable insight of CC members!

We were in one for two weeks. You have described it perfectly.

The biggest problem with the S-class CS is, IMHO, the lack of a dining table. The furniture in the suite is so bulky and the suite could be better designed.

I also dislike that there is frosted glass between the bedroom and the sitting are. My other half and I keep different hours and we would disturb each other. I much prefer the total darkness in the M-class bedroom.

We have never been on Summit but there was nothing wrong with the sofas in any of the M-class CS we stayed in in the past.

Edited by Project_gal

I disagree with Project Gal on the Celebrity Suite on the "S" class ships. No, there is no dining table IN the room, but there is a big enough one on the quite large balcony to seat 4 for dinner if you wanted. We used it on our TA, when the weather wasn't ideal but still able to use it and I'm sure on a Caribbean would be wonderful.

We found the living room very comfortable and the entire suite just wonderful. Like it MUCH better than any Sky suite we've been in on either M or S class ships. My husband & I don't rise at the same time either but the frosted glass was not a factor for us at all. I guess it would be nice to have total darkness but just really didn't bother us.

The bathroom on the CS has entrances from both the bedroom and the living room so whoever was sleeping was not bothered if the other was in & out of the bathroom.

We were in the CS for a 16 night TA and have already booked exact same room for next springs TA on the Reflection so I guess that tells you how much we liked it. If you are able to book 1618, 1617 on the Solstice you will also have an even larger balcony than the other CS's because they are on the side of the hump.

With a CS or better you have access to Michael's Club which is also a wonderful perk.

Good luck in whatever you choose!!:)

Edited by Gracie115

Have stayed in S class but only visited M class.

The S class did not work for us. The bedroom felt closed in, the lounge cramped and no where to sit to eat. Jack and Jill bathroom ok...

We asked to see the M class on the Summit last year and our butler took us around after the guests had disembarked. It felt much more spacious! The real downer for me was the bathroom. I am not fully disabled but my mobility is a little suspect and me being rather petite the bath/shower was beyond safety levels.

Personally the M class did not work for us practically and the S class esthetically. It I am paying that sort of money I want I room that works on all fronts.

After saying that we know lots of cruisers who love CS's both classes. My advise would be to look on YouTube and decide for yourself.

We have stayed in CS's on both M and S ships.

They both have their unique pluses and minuses. I am very happy on both classes of ships.

As others have stated, the CS on the S Class ship lack a dining table. We eat breakfast daily in our suite and really enjoy the full table on the M class ship. The butler serves BFast on the cocktail table or Balcony table which works.

Like others my partner and I have different hours. I am an early raiser and get up at the crack of dawn. The CS suite on the S Class have two doors to the bathroom which means you don't have to disturb you spouse using the bathroom.

While many don't like the closed off bedroom on the M Class CS, We love it because it is totally dark and affords me the opportunity to not being awaken early by sunlight shining through the frosted glass of the S Class.

We had a Hump CS on Equinox in November and loved the extra deck space.

The condition of the CS's on M Class has varied over the past 10 years. Sometimes we have had cabins that were a bit worn but then they get updated and returned to unworn condition. One thing I noticed on Millennium is they put a coat of shellac on the dining room table. It was obviously done by crew and wasn't very professionally done but did bring back a nice shine.

Finally the bathrooms - The S Class bathrooms are larger but only have 1 sink while the M Class space is consumed by the much larger counter space and double sinks.

As I originally stated, we love CS's and have booked future cruises on both classes of ships.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...