Date blacked out!! Starting over to pick hotel

Going on our cruise in November, really wanted Hyatt Place thru valuetrips but the date we need in blacked out. Checked the multiple travel discount sites but still to pricey. Not willing to spend $250 for a single night when we basically get there in the afternoon, will go out to dinner, sleep, and leave in the morning. Therefore, I have ruled out Hyatt and Embassy.

Considering the following:

Holiday Inn Express

Hampton Inn

Comfort Suites

Would like to have either a grocery or CVS type store and a restaurant for dinner within walking distance. Has to have a shuttle from airport and either a shuttle to port or close enough for a decent priced taxi ride to port. Any input is welcome!!

Presuming Fort Lauderdale. ... I wouldn't book a hotel based on shuttles. Cab fare from FLL to the port area hotels will be under $20. To port, less than that from that HI express, if the one off 17th St.

There are details regarding Hampton Inn a few threads down.

Edited by eandj

city port dates, yeah that would help.

Duh!!! So sorry, that's what I get for rushing!!! So sorry to all!!

We are flying into FLL so we want to stay in Fort Lauderdale close to port. We are flying in November 13 and need a hotel for that night before the cruise.

Sorry again

Just read the thread on Hampton Inn, think I'll take that off the list. Down to two!! Holiday Inn or Comfort Suites, off to search more threads!! Found some on Comfort but not much on Holiday. If anyone has any info let me know! Thanks

Just read the thread on Hampton Inn, think I'll take that off the list. Down to two!! Holiday Inn or Comfort Suites, off to search more threads!! Found some on Comfort but not much on Holiday. If anyone has any info let me know! Thanks

We're thinking of Comfort Inn as well for day before the cruise.

Let us know what you decide.

I am swaying towards Comfort Inn also. Looked at over 10 different hotels with in reason to the port. Took into account location, places to eat nearby, and price (plays the big factor). I found Comfort Inn on Federal Hwy to be in the top of the list with a CVS next door, with Quality Inn on Stirling Rd a close second, then Best Western on W. State road 84 third. We will only be staying one night and are arriving by Amtrack. Have any of you stayed in any of these hotels?

How do you get valutrips to work? I keep trying to find a motel in Miami and coming up with nothing on valutrips.

Valuetrips.com offers a Hyatt place in Fort Lauderdale that many here book. Haven't heard anyone using it for Miami.

We stayed here last September. Good, clean, free breakfast and within walking distance to restaurants and a shopping center. They had a port shuttle, but we took a cab for about $10-$12.

http://ftlauderdaleconventioncenter.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html?src=agn_ecm_em_trans_NEW_SP_FLLZA_EN_hwfllza_20140213_R13613589-36860943-1

Edited by handbellplayer