My thoughts on Sapphire Beach

royal girl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just returned from our 7 day cruise and we stopped in St Thomas. I convinced my wife for us to skip Magen's Bay and taxi to Sapphire Beach. We're so glad we did. The beach was beautiful. We rented a couple of chairs and found a nice spot in the shade. We stayed for about 2 hours but I wish we would have stayed longer.

Hi,

I just returned from our 7 day cruise and we stopped in St Thomas. I convinced my wife for us to skip Magen's Bay and taxi to Sapphire Beach. We're so glad we did. The beach was beautiful. We rented a couple of chairs and found a nice spot in the shade. We stayed for about 2 hours but I wish we would have stayed longer.

Do you recall how much did the taxi cost to Sapphire?

Edited by l2f

we just returned from a RCCL stop, and took a taxi to sapphire for the 9 of us. Was $10pp each way. I think it took about 20 min maybe? She actually kept trying to get us to go to Coki beach instead (maybe she gets a kick back?) When we first got there, there was hardly anyone around. It was beautiful! The only disappointment was there was a ton of seaweed on the sand/shore line.

we rented chairs and floats for the kids. We had lunch (yes the Mahi sandwich was great and the food was big portions)I had the best drink ever the BBC (Banana Bailey Colada) OMG soo good!

The kids snorkeled and saw more fish here than they did in ST. Maarten . We brought fruit loops (please forgive me if that was a no no) and they kids loved seeing the fish come up close to them. Was not rough, crystal clear water, was rocky in spots, but we thought Coco cay was way more rocky at least in spots. We had a great time, and would for sure come back again! We also rented a jet ski over by the marina which was like a 5 min walk. So glad we choose sapphire!

I always wanted to try Sapohire Beach but we tried Coki Beach many years ago and my family loved it to the point where they wont allow us to go to any over beach but Coki. Been there 5 times already and going again in December.

Glad to hear that, I'd like to dive with the Coki Beach Dive Club, but my wife doesn't dive and I hate leaving her alone somewhere I've never been before.