Cruise in 12 Days and Found Out I Am Pregnant!

We leave on our Carnival cruise in 12 days and we found out a few days ago we are pregnant. The pregnancy waiver on the website says it needs to be filled out and faced to carnival no later than 14 days before sail date. We obviously are closer and had no idea we would be pregnant so close to sail date. Has anyone else encountered this? What do you do about the waiver?

If you are within the allowable time by Carnival policy, I suggest you still get the appropriate letter from your doctor with the estimated due date, etc. It would be good to have this with you, just in case it some how becomes known, like say you go to the medical center for sea sickness or something. Then you probably would not be forced off the ship or something.

Note, I don't have any experience with Carnival policies on this, it just seems wise to me to have the letter prepared and with you, rather than panicked phone calls and faxes at ship prices to your doctor!

Have a great trip to celebrate your new news!

While no one will probably notice or care get the note today and fax it to Carnival saying you just discovered you were pregnant. In case something happens while you are on board you don't want them giving you medicine that would hurt your baby. It shouldn't be a problem this early and there is still time before sailing, but contact your travel agent or whoever you booked through.

They mostly need to know in case of an emergency. Hopefully you won't have one.

Unless she's noticeably pregnant (and is one of those "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" woman who don't realize until they're in their 3rd trimester) then there is nothing to tell this early on.

Your SN says midwife, so you should know, medically, what happens if something were to happen this early on, from a safety standpoint, and if you'd be able to handle it without being seen on the ship or on shore.

Are you in a room with another adult who bought the Cheers package? If so I would get the canceled right away, since you can't drink it would be a huge waste. Better off to have the other person just pay as they go.

We leave on our Carnival cruise in 12 days and we found out a few days ago we are pregnant. The pregnancy waiver on the website says it needs to be filled out and faced to carnival no later than 14 days before sail date. We obviously are closer and had no idea we would be pregnant so close to sail date. Has anyone else encountered this? What do you do about the waiver?

I agree with others, get the documentation from your doctor and get it to Carnival as soon as you can. I wouldn't worry at all. Have a great cruise and congratulations!

Are you in a room with another adult who bought the Cheers package? If so I would get the canceled right away, since you can't drink it would be a huge waste. Better off to have the other person just pay as they go.

You can not purchase CHEERS prior to embarkation.

I'd go. If you need to go to the infirmary let the doc know you are trying to get pregnant and your period is overdue. They will prescribe and treat you accordingly.

Congratulations and best wishes! Enjoy your cruise.

I wouldn't worry about taking any extra measures as far as Carnival is concerned since it is so early in your pregnancy. Be sure to check with your doctor though, especially if morning sickness is an issue you might need help with before you return from your cruise.

Congratulations!! I agree with others. As long as you are not just finding out and super far along, I wouldn't say anything. The majority of women don't show for a while so I doubt carnival would even know unless you told them. Heck some women look pregnant and aren't. (not trying to be mean but seriously) I would think you would have to look seriously pregnant for them to say something to you at embarkation. :) Enjoy your cruise!

Do not mention it!!!!!

A family went on another cruise line and had also just found out that baby #3 was cooking and when asked the mom said yes she had just found out before they left and the cruise line insisted that they have a medical clearance form!!!! No convincing would change their mind, they ended up losing two days of the cruise and a nice chunk of change to get a doctor in Florida to clear her to travel......No, it was not Carnival, it was the other OTS line....

I found our right before cruising before, like 6 weeks I just got a note from Dr who I hadn't even seen yet saying I was fine to cruise. Was never asked for it even though I marked yes o n currently pregnant question