Tour Companies --- Any Recommendations?

cruise.mode

The DH and I are starting to think about shore excursions. We will not have a rental car, so we're looking at various tour companies.

We have about 3 pre-cruise days in Honolulu. One full day at Pearl Harbor on our own; one day of exploring the city on our own. We'd like a full-day general tour around the island and are looking at Circle Island Tour offered by E'Noa Tours.

Not planning anything for our stop in Kona but want to do tours in both Maui and Kauai. Some of the offerings by Roberts look appealing and less expensive than similar tours booked through NCL.

Any shared wisdom would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

The DH and I are starting to think about shore excursions. We will not have a rental car, so we're looking at various tour companies.

We have about 3 pre-cruise days in Honolulu. One full day at Pearl Harbor on our own; one day of exploring the city on our own. We'd like a full-day general tour around the island and are looking at Circle Island Tour offered by E'Noa Tours.

Not planning anything for our stop in Kona but want to do tours in both Maui and Kauai. Some of the offerings by Roberts look appealing and less expensive than similar tours booked through NCL.

Any shared wisdom would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

We only used Enoa for our Pearl Harbor tour... prompt pick-up & drop off, driver/guide was knowledgeable & informative. We had a rental car to use the rest of our time on Oahu.

On Maui, we had a car for the first day, then booked a tour to the top of Haleakala through the ship on the second.

We booked with "Ricky's Tours" in Hilo... I'd have no qualms recommending him to anyone.

Booked a tour through the ship in Kona to the seahorse farm... very cool!

On Kauai, we rented a car for our first day, then I took a flight over & around the island with Wings Over Kauai while DW supported the local economy one last time.

Have a look at Roberts Hawaii Shore Excursions. You save money when booking 3, 4 or 5 combo tours. http://www.rhshorex.com/specials.php

We booked a couple tours through them for our POA cruise last year and were pleased. We thoroughly enjoyed our tours with them.

We booked the Island’s Best Luau through them for Kauai, which is Smith's family luau. This is the only luau we have been to but loved the experience. The food, entertainment, everything about it was great!

Good luck and happy planning!

• 2 weeks later...

We are using JohnnyCab (you can google him) to tour prior to cruising.

He also has a special going on right now that makes it an even better deal!

During the cruise we are using Rickey's, Mary Lou's, Valley Isle and Tread Lightly Kauai. All four have many many great things to be said about them in the reviews I have read.

We will be using Johnny Cab for our airport transfers and probably getting us back and forth to Pearl Harbor as well.

Just booked E'Noa Tours this morning for their Majestic Circle Island tour. Have booked Volcanoes National Park with C Big Island.

Still working on Maui and Kauai excursions. Roberts has gotten good reviews, and they seem reasonably priced.

MaryLou's never responded to my inquiry. We did get a response from Tread Lightly, but it's a bit more than we wanted to spend.

Good luck with your plans!

• 1 month later...