Cruise tomorrow. Thank you for the help

Portugal1000

So my first cruise is finally here. Taxi booked for 10.15 tomorrow and then train to Southampton. Thank you for all your help.

My mum arrived today and I have introduced her to you tube as she has been watching QM2 videos and I could tell she was quite surprised at how much there is going on.

Please do let me know if there is anything you would like me to find out for you when I am on board. I probably won't bother with Internet when I am there but intend to keep a journal so will write a report when I get back.

Thanks again.

Thank you everyone. Just slightly concerned as I just read on a post that the next four days on the QM2, is considered to be a booze cruise by the person posting. Oh no, I haven't heard that expression in a long time. I certainly wont be boozing!;) I don't think I will mention that one to my mum. Although my mum has informed that she wants to have a cocktail for the first time in her life so maybe it will be a bit boozy. Anyway, I am the type of person to make the most of everything and I know I will have a fantastic time.

I have also just realised that I have packed enough clothes for a round the world trip. My husband was just shaking his head. Of course its now that I remember I completely forgot to buy a small evening bag and I dont have one, hopefully can buy one on board.

Might have a few updates while on ship as my son has persuaded me to buy the internet package so we can whatsapp. Its the first time I have gone on holiday without him, he is 14. Although I have gone away lots with work for as long as two weeks but that somehow doesn't count.

Don't worry too much, I've been on short trips and they have never even vaguely resembled a "booze cruise".

I haven't done the Hamburg trip and I look forward to hearing about it. The sail out sounds amazing.

Hope your Mum enjoys her cocktail and you both have a great time.

I'll bet I could whatsapp, if I only knew what the hell it means.

Rodger.

Ha ha. It's a way of texting, calling over the internet. Can also send pictures all for free. It's great for holidays if you have wifi.

I wouldn't have a clue about these things if I didn't have a 14 year old.

If your mother fancies a cocktail do take her to the Commodore Club it's furthest forward on deck 9. The room and it's ambience exemplifies for me QM2 at its very best.

I've been on a few Hamburg 4 night trips and never seen excessive boozing, I think you will have a great experience.

M-AR

It does sound like you and your mum are going to have a wonderful time.

I look forward to reading about it. I would love to know your thoughts on the ship as we will be on her for the first time in 3 weeks.

Susan