Majesty vs. Enchantment; Which to Choose?

I'm looking to book a cruise in December for my wife and I. It would be our 3rd cruise, 2nd with RCI (our first cruise was on Grandeur). Has anyone been on Majesty and/or Enchantment recently that can give me a fair comparison of the 2? I'm looking at a short 3-5 day out of Florida and these seem to be the 2 ships Royal has to offer that fit. I was hoping to get a bigger ship, but it seems they only do the longer cruises. Any info that could help me decide if Majest of Enchantment would be better would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

I'm looking to book a cruise in December for my wife and I. It would be our 3rd cruise, 2nd with RCI (our first cruise was on Grandeur). Has anyone been on Majesty and/or Enchantment recently that can give me a fair comparison of the 2? I'm looking at a short 3-5 day out of Florida and these seem to be the 2 ships Royal has to offer that fit. I was hoping to get a bigger ship, but it seems they only do the longer cruises. Any info that could help me decide if Majest of Enchantment would be better would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

Independence does 4 & 5 night cruises from Fort Lauderdale. :)

Do you want a better ship, or better cruise?

Better ship=Vision Class Enchantment.

Enchantment is a larger Vision Class ship with a space ratio of 37.9.

Majesty is a Sovereign Class ship with a space ratio of 29.6.

So you have more room on the bigger Vision Class ship, and they have a few more options of things to do and places to eat.

Better cruise=Majesty.

The Majesty 5 day cruise has a port stop every day, so if you want to get off, you can, or if you want to stay on the ship, it'll be less crowded.

The Enchantment 5 day cruise has a sea day.

Our choice would be the Majesty, Dk 9 ocean view, but,,,,,,,,,, if you listen to others advice, and include the Brilliance cruise out of Tampa, that would be our favorite!

The 5 day Brilliance cruise goes to Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, both superior ports to the Bahamas in our opinion, and the Brilliance is a Radiance class ship, which is RCL's best class in our opinion.

Larger in size then either the Sovereign or Vision class, with a space ratio of 42.9, the Brilliance has a lot more options of things to do, and places to eat.

Have a great cruise.:)

Do you want a better ship, or better cruise?

Better ship=Vision Class Enchantment.

Enchantment is a larger Vision Class ship with a space ratio of 37.9.

Majesty is a Sovereign Class ship with a space ratio of 29.6.

So you have more room on the bigger Vision Class ship, and they have a few more options of things to do and places to eat.

Better cruise=Majesty.

The Majesty 5 day cruise has a port stop every day, so if you want to get off, you can, or if you want to stay on the ship, it'll be less crowded.

The Enchantment 5 day cruise has a sea day.

Our choice would be the Majesty, Dk 9 ocean view, but,,,,,,,,,, if you listen to others advice, and include the Brilliance cruise out of Tampa, that would be our favorite!

The 5 day Brilliance cruise goes to Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, both superior ports to the Bahamas in our opinion, and the Brilliance is a Radiance class ship, which is RCL's best class in our opinion.

Larger in size then either the Sovereign or Vision class, with a space ratio of 42.9, the Brilliance has a lot more options of things to do, and places to eat.

Have a great cruise.:)

:what: I didn't realize Majesty and Enchantment had 5 day cruises. Are those holiday sailings. I know Brilliance splits between 4 and 5. We are in a 4 day. 1 stop, Cozumel, but that is fine with us

My vote would be Brilliance out of Tampa, if you are willing to look beyond Miami or Port Canaveral.

Majesty and Enchantment do 3 and 4 nights. Brilliance does 4 and 5 nights.

Don't know anything about Indy itineraries. Haven't been on Indy or Majesty.

If you are looking for a larger ship I also would look at the Indy out of Ft. Lauderdale. It is doing 4 and 5 night cruises December 2015. 4 nights goes to Cozumel. 5 nights does Coz/Belize or Labadee/Falmouth.

Edited by molly361

:what: I didn't realize Majesty and Enchantment had 5 day cruises. Are those holiday sailings. I know Brilliance splits between 4 and 5. We are in a 4 day. 1 stop, Cozumel, but that is fine with us

Cruises are marketed by number of nights, the poster you were referring to, used days, a 3 night cruise encompasses 4 days, so is a 4 day cruise and a 4 night is therefore a 5 day cruise, Majesty and Enchantment do these cruises

Cruises are marketed by number of nights, the poster you were referring to, used days, a 3 night cruise encompasses 4 days, so is a 4 day cruise and a 4 night is therefore a 5 day cruise, Majesty and Enchantment do these cruises

:what: First time I've heard it called that way.

I love Enchantment, but finally getting to enjoy Majesty. I like the fact that there is 3 ports on the 4 day cruise. I also like the fact it has Johnny Rockets and Sorrento's pizza on board.

I know it is smaller and older, but this is probably one of the last chances to get to try her out as she is leaving the fleet next year, but Enchantment is still going to be around.

Lots of reasons and things to think about!

M-F 5 day/4 nite cruise is what my post was talking abt.(Majesty and Enchantment):)

The Miami 5/4 cruise does 3 ports, the Port Can. 5/4 cruise does 2 ports, and some like us appreciate the extra port in a comparison.

I'm pretty sure without looking it up that we did 2 stops on the Brilliance 5 day, and 1 port on the 4 day.

Even with 1 port, a cruise on a Radiance Class ship is a good one.:)

M-F 5 day/4 nite cruise is what my post was talking abt.(Majesty and Enchantment):)

The Miami 5/4 cruise does 3 ports, the Port Can. 5/4 cruise does 2 ports, and some like us appreciate the extra port in a comparison.

I'm pretty sure without looking it up that we did 2 stops on the Brilliance 5 day, and 1 port on the 4 day.

Even with 1 port, a cruise on a Radiance Class ship is a good one.:)

Got it, but if you follow your logic for Majesty and Enchantment, how come you don't call the Brilliance cruises 6 day and 5 day. :confused:

And then I guess 1 week cruises are 8 day. :what:

I'm sure if the cruise lines thought they could get away with it they would market the weekend voyage as a 4 day trip, but they know they can't. ;)

Safe journeys