Allure concierge changes I was not aware of...

sdho

We were on the Oasis April 2015.

In the Suite Lounge complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks were served from 11:30 AM until 11:00 PM.

From 5:00 PM until 8:30 PM.we also were served the same drinks as those that were served in the Diamond Lounge on Decks 11 and 12.

Not sure what drinks are served in the Diamond Lounge. Two questions

- Are the drinks served from 5 PM to 830 PM complimentary? Or is there a charge.

- Would these drinks include martini's? Just plain old martinis, vodka or gin and vermouth, not the fancier ones.

It is only a matter of time before RCI clears this confusion up. I suspect they will end up having a suite lounge and an diamond lounge foe each ship fleet wide. This is the direction I believe they have been heading for many years

Can you take drinks back to your room from the suite lounge?

I would like to know that too. We are on the allure in a grand suite on 11. I am happy to drink water all day but I talked my parents in to this wild ride and I would like to know if they can bring beers and maybe a glass of wine back to the room to sit on our giant balcony (suite 11330) and enjoy the views.

Thank you, however totally confused now. We are on Anthem, as stated in my post, and there is a concierge lounge for suites and a different lounge for Diamond or Diamond Plus, not sure where the highest C&A category falls as far as lounges go

Can someone explain if the Anthem will have the wine, soda, beer champagne during the daytime hours also or only in the evening?

Thank you

No as previously posted this is only Oasis and Allure. Anthem is 5:30pm to 8:30 PM. No alcohol till those times.

Sorry for seeming dense, - what is the difference?

I understand that on some ships there is only one lounge for diamond and up including suite guests so in those the drinks are only available from 5-8:30pm. Other ships have both. Does the Allure have a third only for suites?

The way I understood the information for the Anthem is that the concierge lounge is only for suites and, is it Pinnacle?. the other lounge is for Diamond and Diamond plus

On a different post someone said on the Quantum ships the Coastal Kitchen includes wine with lunch at no fee but haven't been able to find anything else on this and of course when you call Royal they seem clueless. I thought calling Disney World reservation office gave you different answers each time but RCCL has them beat ;)

The reason I am asking is that we are trying to determine if my husband should get the drink package. I don't really drink alcoholic beverages so it isn't worth it for me other than an occasional glass of wine but it isn't on a daily basis. I am fine with the ice tea with my meals

Thank you

hERE YOU GO....on Anthem the concierge lounge is for D+, Pinnacle and suite guests:D

I get that, thank you, however on the Anthem it says that Diamond and Diamond plus have their own lounge and cannot get into the concierge lounge for suites and Pinnacle. Unless I am reading that incorrectly. Also the original poster noted that their email from concierge said that wine, beer, champagne and soft drinks was available from 11-11 for suite guests

Thank you for everyone's patience with my questions as I learn the ins and out of RCCL

No it does not....one more time....the Concierge Lounge on Anthem is for PINNACLE, D+ AND SUITE GUESTS...:D

I would like to know that too. We are on the allure in a grand suite on 11. I am happy to drink water all day but I talked my parents in to this wild ride and I would like to know if they can bring beers and maybe a glass of wine back to the room to sit on our giant balcony (suite 11330) and enjoy the views.

Drinks are meant to be consumed in the lounge and not taken out but this rule seems to be being ignored more and more.

The reasoning now is if it is your last drink you can take it with you as if it was to be left behind it would be discarded.:rolleyes:

We just got off of the Allure today and were in an Owner's Suite. The Suite Lounge was amazing. Very open and bright on the 17th deck with a great view. Beer, wine and champagne were available all day and during the evening mixed drinks were also available. On the opposite end at the front of the ship on 17 was a separate sunning area for suite guests. It was also very well done with its own private bar. The only problem was nothing was complimentary at the outside bar. Why go and pay when you could go to the Suite Lounge. We ate dinner here once - it was wonderful but the food in the American Icon was equally wonderful and we LOVED our serving team of Shakota and Hector. We never spent money on food. We loved our week and had no problems with the service or the staff. It was a perfect week for us!!!

No it does not....one more time....the Concierge Lounge on Anthem is for PINNACLE, D+ AND SUITE GUESTS...:D

The letter is using "Concierge Lounge" as a reference to The Suites Lounge on deck 17. Suites and Pinnacle may access that lounge. The OLD location of the Concierge Lounge on deck 11 is now the Diamond Lounge and for D, D+, and Pinnacle.

We just got off of the Allure today and were in an Owner's Suite. The Suite Lounge was amazing. Very open and bright on the 17th deck with a great view. Beer, wine and champagne were available all day and during the evening mixed drinks were also available. On the opposite end at the front of the ship on 17 was a separate sunning area for suite guests. It was also very well done with its own private bar. The only problem was nothing was complimentary at the outside bar. Why go and pay when you could go to the Suite Lounge. We ate dinner here once - it was wonderful but the food in the American Icon was equally wonderful and we LOVED our serving team of Shakota and Hector. We never spent money on food. We loved our week and had no problems with the service or the staff. It was a perfect week for us!!!

Thanks for the update. Who was the headliner entertainer on your cruise?

Coastal Kitchen serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. They started out with dinner, then added breakfast on May 24th and lunch on May 30th. Dexter invited us for lunch as guinee pigs. Beer, wine, sodas are included for lunch and dinner.

Reservations are needed for dinner as they only have app. 90 seats in Coastal Kitchen. Dexter and Jeremias will be happy to take your reservations. No online reservations.

steamboats

The letter is using "Concierge Lounge" as a reference to The Suites Lounge on deck 17. Suites and Pinnacle may access that lounge. The OLD location of the Concierge Lounge on deck 11 is now the Diamond Lounge and for D, D+, and Pinnacle.

I believe The trail is talking about Anthem that does not have a Suite lounge. yes???

Everything does seem to be scattered about on that ship according to deck plans. DL deck 4. CL deck 12, Coastal kitchen deck 14. No outside suite deck.

I believe The trail is talking about Anthem that does not have a Suite lounge. yes???

Everything does seem to be scattered about on that ship according to deck plans. DL deck 4. CL deck 12, Coastal kitchen deck 14. No outside suite deck.

Yes there is an outside suite deck, it is above the entrance to SeaPlex - we have just spent a wonderful 12 days on the Anthem. Feel free to ask any questions.

Yes there is an outside suite deck, it is above the entrance to SeaPlex - we have just spent a wonderful 12 days on the Anthem. Feel free to ask any questions.

Thank you. Does it have a bar in or near the area???

We are going to be on the Allure for a Back to Back in October. We received a notice that we can only go to the Diamond/Diamond Plus room. Can anyone tell me what the benefits are in this room? (Are they serving lunch?) That's the piece that was missing in the e-mail.

Thanks in advance,

Crusin Nut

Crusin Nut, we are on the same B2B with you. We did not get any notification about being able to use only the Diamond/Diamond Plus room (now referred to as the Diamond Club). If the changes are the same as Oasis was in Feb. The Diamond Club does not serve breakfast (they do have pastries and fruit) or any lunch. It is opened from 5:00 to 8:30 for free cocktails. In Feb. it was not crowded at any time we were there, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, or 7:00. We went there around show times. However, during the TA I think that will change and they will need to have another lounge like they did on the Allure April TA. Just my humble opinion, however.

Crusin Nut, we are on the same B2B with you. We did not get any notification about being able to use only the Diamond/Diamond Plus room (now referred to as the Diamond Club). If the changes are the same as Oasis was in Feb. The Diamond Club does not serve breakfast (they do have pastries and fruit) or any lunch. It is opened from 5:00 to 8:30 for free cocktails. In Feb. it was not crowded at any time we were there, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, or 7:00. We went there around show times. However, during the TA I think that will change and they will need to have another lounge like they did on the Allure April TA. Just my humble opinion, however.

Barb,

This is the e-mail we received 10 days ago. We are D+ and were looking forward to the CL. Guess not!

Crusin Nut

Dear ,

As a valued member, we wanted you to know about new enhancements to your onboard benefits.

Richer Next Cruise Bonus

Your Crown & Anchor Exclusive Next Cruise Bonus is now more rewarding. When you book with NextCruise onboard, you'll enjoy a special benefit of up to $500 Instant Onboard Credit, which you can spend on the very cruise you're on – no need to wait until your next sailing. This credit can be used at the spa, shops, on your photos and anywhere else you wish to spend it onboard.

Dedicated Loyalty Ambassador

On every ship, you will now find a dedicated Loyalty Ambassador whose sole focus is making sure all your onboard needs are met. Visit them with questions, concerns or suggestions to improve your experience. As always, the Cruise Sales team is available to help you plan your next Royal Caribbean vacation.

Diamond Club

We also look forward to introducing you to the revitalized Diamond Club on Oasis and Allure of the Seas® , an expanded, two–level lounge exclusively for Crown & Anchor Society members. This space replaced the Concierge Lounge during recent updates to these two ships. We've already received great response from members who have visited the space, and we can't wait for you to see it, too.

Thank you so much for your loyalty. If you have a moment, please click here to let us know what you think of these enhancements. We value your feedback and look forward to welcoming you onboard soon!

Best regards,

Cecilia Sanguinetti

P.S. I did let them know what I thought of their enhancements.

Crusin Nut,

The space is the same except they removed the Chef's Table, so the entire upper level is open and actually a nice space IF you are mobile. The only real change is no lunch with wine and beer:(. It was never crowded even adding all the diamonds, because people were having their drinks with friends in other bars. We noticed that people got a drink from other bars using their coupons and took them to dinner, which was a good idea:eek:;) because the dining staff is very busy serving dinners! Just don't know how long they would let that continue.

Looking forward to meeting you in October.

Why not, its still there, both levels deck11/12. Just has a new name on the outside.

We were on the Oasis last year and loved the CL for lunch and a glass of wine. This is not going to happen on the Allure or Oasis anymore. The area is very nice but not as nice as the CL on the new Allure. Lets face it, RCCL is downgrading the Diamond Plus after they have been loyal to Royal and we will all have to make our own decisions if we chose other cruise lines.

Crusin Nut

I am surprised about the new diamond club, because they originally were going to change it into something else. but not having a regular breakfast or lunch, as in cooked food, is disappointing. I understood one of the reasons they were able to do this was that the kitchen for Chefs Table was right next door, and it doubled as a room service kitchen. If i look at the current deck plans for 12, there are inside cabins next to the lounge, i am wondering if those were just added, or were they always there.

i started to lose interest in the Oasis class when they removed the secret balcony and the Concierge lounge. Now that they really haven't removed the lounge, i may reconsider. WE were booked on a B2B on Allure this November, but we already moved one of those bookings to the Anthem TA instead, and need to decide what to do with the other.

- We also have a pair of Adventure bookings next year, but do not really want to have to fly to San Juan.

We were on the Oasis last year and loved the CL for lunch and a glass of wine. This is not going to happen on the Allure or Oasis anymore. The area is very nice but not as nice as the CL on the new Allure. Lets face it, RCCL is downgrading the Diamond Plus after they have been loyal to Royal and we will all have to make our own decisions if we chose other cruise lines.

Crusin Nut

I see you made your decision, enjoy your 2 Allure cruises later this year and be sure and stay away from the diamond club since you feel downgraded and don't use your + coupons for drinks at the bars:rolleyes: