Do You Follow Celebrity on Social?

Now that I know it's ok :)

I find that Celebrity posts on Facebook are essentially ads or push marketing of some sort. Some of the Celebrity posts like "if Celebrity was an animal, what would we be?" are, at least to me, a complete waste of time....I can't imagine how that would attract an affluent passenger. (yes, that's a real post by Celebrity on FB).

The Celebrity facebook group seems to be focused on those who have never sailed on Celebrity... It's sort of a "celebrity marketing" fan boy club....everything is wonderful...with constant in one's face "press releases" with follow up posts from folks who seem to just love celebrity to death...sort of "reputation plus" on steroids....some of the follow on comments to the posts really sound like they are written by folks who work for celebrity...not folks like you and I.

That's a very different audience than the folks here who want "real experiences" and "real life information". IMHO, Cruise Critic is a very valuable resource...not just for reporting the good or the bad...but a place to ask advice, get the latest information, get clarification of Celebrity policy (or lack thereof), etc. Facebook, at least the way Celebrity is running their group, doesn't do this. I look at their group every so often, but haven't found anything that would make me want to join and follow them.

But...I admit, I'm not sure why anyone subscribes to a company on Facebook...Facebook is great for social interaction...but not where I'd go to get information about companies. Heck, I get all the company marketing anyone ever needs in my email (except for Celebrity because they have my DW's email...hee hee!).

Edited by ghstudio

Actually, our guidelines regarding Facebook are very specific; we do not allow promotion of Facebook groups that have been created for specific sailings -- IE: roll calls on Facebook.

If you want to share your own Facebook info, please do so (personally? I wouldn't).

If you want to share an interesting site on Facebook, that is allowed.

Everything in context, really. If someone comes here and posts in an effort to promote their Facebook page because -- let's say they sell cruises, or are a tour operator, or they just had the most fab idea of a "FB page dedicated to cruising", well that's pure and simple advertising and that isn't allowed.

I have no problem with Celebrity's question at all; I knew the answer before they asked -- but yeah, I'm OK with that question.

Laura

I'll just jump in and say "Thanks!" to all of you that visit our forums and website on a regular basis. We do what we do because of all of you!

Laura

The beauty of Cruise Critic is that we can share info on sailings and excursions anonymously.

I don't understand people who post their vacation plans on FB.

My real name is there.

To me it's like an invitation to thieves saying "Hi , this is when our house will be empty. Come on over and take what you want unimpeded."

And I agree with ghstudio that everything on FB seems to be a commercial with lots of people just posting "I love Celebrity " or "I want to go on a Celebrity cruise" and I get almost NO information there.