UBD in Alaska?

Working 2 Cruise

Itinerary is Seattle, at sea, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, at sea and Victoria...

Weather is always a crapshoot... What would, in your opinion, be the best evening for this?

Thanks!

Out of all the Alaska cruises that we have done, over 10 I think . There was only 1 time I would have attempted it. The first week of June, 2009 on the Golden leaving Ketchikan. It was 70. I had a slight sunburn. The Cruise staff and the Capt.(John Foster) said that it was the best cruise weather they had ever seen. It was pretty much 60-75 for the entire cruise with clear skies

But all the others its been too sold and windy.

That's what I was thinking... if we do it, it'll probably be the laightst night, just before arriving in Victoria... might be a little warmer... it's also a great option to the landfall dinner!

Victoria can be really windy. You may have to wait longer to book onboard to see what the weather will be.

What is UBD?

Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

Enjoy an intimate, romantic dining experience with breathtaking views and a special meal served by your own dedicated waitstaff on your stateroom balcony. Ulitmate Balcony Dining features a hosted cocktail party, fresh flowers, champagne and a deluxe four-course meal featuring delicate sweet lobster tail or juicy steak among many available delicacies.

For those who want to start the day with a romantic meal, opt for a breakfast which includes specialty pastries, fresh fruits, quiche, smoked salmon and other special treats served with a half bottle of chilled sparkling wine. This item may be either ordered onboard by contacting the bell box or pre-purchased as a special service item (item #3009).

Available on all ships, the Ultimate Balcony Dinner is a unique Princess dining experience. This item may be either ordered onboard by contacting the bell box or pre-purchased as a special service item (item #3011).

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Last year we were on the Pacific and had our UBD on the Skagway night. It was a little cool but absolutely beautiful.

This year we were just on the Ruby and all the nights were wonderful. IT was one of the warmest weeks they had had in quite awhile.

Last year we were on the Pacific and had our UBD on the Skagway night. It was a little cool but absolutely beautiful.

This year we were just on the Ruby and all the nights were wonderful. IT was one of the warmest weeks they had had in quite awhile.

Let's hope it stays that way for the next three weeks!

We did our UBD on the night we left Skagway. The weather was beautiful but cool and the scenery was spectacular. We ended up having dessert inside but everything else was on our balcony.

We did our UBD on the night we left Skagway. The weather was beautiful but cool and the scenery was spectacular. We ended up having dessert inside but everything else was on our balcony.

Thank you!

I think that's what we're going to do if the weather is reasonably decent. Thank you all! I really would love to have that spectacular scenery while being served fantastic food! Queen for the day!

We thought it would be wonderful to do on Glacier Bay day, but after being in the cold all day, the last thing we wanted to do was dine in the cold! There have been days it would have been warm enough, but Alaska weather is too unpredictable to plan such an event IMHO. Room Service let us cancel ours at the last minute, but they may not always allow that.