Celebrity Constellation - should we?

travellovers2

We were on the solstice last month and we did not her at all . Lots of lines' date=' very loud music everywhere. The service was not good. This was our 34th cruise so we know the difference between good service and bad.

We have cruised on the Millie Abdul Connie , enjoyed both ships.[/quote']

Sorry you had such a poor time on Solstice:eek::confused::(....I was on her in May

and loved her:):D.....after 40 cruises, I thought the service was terrific

and never noticed the music.....

Thank you very much for your responses!! I feel like I'm on a first name basis now with the ship "Connie". :)

We have taken all the large ships like Oasis, Allure, the beautiful Eclipse, Equinox , the very interesting Epic and the new Princess Regal and Royal. Honestly it's now all about the itinerary. This cruise after Thanksgiving has two places we have not been to, so it's a "why not" idea since we have the week off and we can put that #25 on our list.

I just hope I can get a balcony cabin!! :rolleyes: Thank you!

Didn't I read it was your anniversary? Try to book a suite if possible. We have sailed The Connie 2 times and the 1st was 2 weeks in the Celebrity Suite.

We just sailed 5 nights on The Connie and are booked for 9 nights next Feb. We love her and as reported have found the crew to be outstanding. We have sailed all of the S class ships as well as the Infinity and the Summit and the Xpedition. I'll bet you will love The Connie too.

We love Celebrity, so when we sat down to plan a "why not" cruise for our 25th cruise, of all the cruise lines we have taken, we first thought of Celebrity.

We love the itinerary they have for the week after Thanksgiving, but then saw that the ship is the Constellation built in 2002. Humm... should we? Is this ship still in good condition? :rolleyes:

We were on the Connie for 12 nights last year, and thought the ship was in great condition. We had one of the new AQ cabins on Deck 11...everything was immaculate we and thought it was a great location.

We seem to cruise S class and M class about equally. They are similar in some ways but we do like the variety of two types of ship but still the same line. Having read re a group on board in the post above and lack of veranda cabins it may be worth your while though to look at a 'plan B'

I did not see any verandah cabins when I looked a little while ago :(

If the OP is thinking about the November 28, 2015 cruise, there's little chance a veranda will be available, as the group known as the Pied Pipers will be on board in force. There is a chance an excellent A1 might show up, as my wife and I are still undecided. St Croix and St Bart are very tempting stops, however.

Ship in good condition, captain is a gas as a previous poster mentioned.

Just not for me though.

Poor traffic flows create congestion at peak times due to pinch points on decks four and five, causing people to trip over table users located adjacent to thoroughfares.

Production shows were pretty good, but overall entertainment was very disappointing.

I've given M class a try based on enjoying Azamara's smaller ships, but I'll look elsewhere now.

Sorry to hijack but am also considering the Constellation TA this fall. I've only done TA's on S class so am worried there won't be enough to do and I will feel more crowded on a smaller ship. Love Sunset Bar on S class as well as Oceanview Cafe.

I also loved that S class cabins had interactive tvs with free on demand movies....does Constellation have that? Yes, I know many don't cruise to watch tv but with 15 nights onboard, 7 of those at sea, it's nice to order room service and watch a movie once in awhile. ;) I cruised an M class to Bermuda years ago and didn't particularly like the ship but after hearing they have been "solstitized" I'm willing to try them again. Just worried 15 nights might be too long.

Also, do M class TA's offer the same great lecturers found on S class ships? What about Captain's club? I'm Elite and wondering where breakfast/cocktail hrs would take place.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by red919