Lowly Concierge Class Guests Traveling With RS Guests

sandyss

OP

I would not concern yourself too much - especially by what may be written on Cruise Critic by people who will not even be on your cruise.

It was made very, very clear by both the Michael's Club Concierge and staff at all the restaurants that anyone in a RS and PH is entitled to eat anywhere on the ship at no extra charge. This is the privilege that your son has paid for when he booked a RS. As others on Cruise Critic have complained about, the price of the higher-end suites have risen considerably since the announcement of the new perks.

Your son should easily be able to organise for you all to eat together in the MDR through the Michael's Club Concierge before you board the ship. There is no need for anyone else to know what class of room anyone is sailing in. Your son may find that he is recognised in advance by most people so that he does not need to show his seapass card. Otherwise, he should only need to show it once.

It is likely that those who have been complained about on Cruise Critic have been visibly asserting their "rights" to be given priority and, by doing so, are responsible for the attitude towards them. There is no way crew and officers on board have any desire to rock the boat by not acting discretely in offering priority to suite guests.

Should you find that one or two people are upset by you being allowed to eat together as a family, just remember what we were told on our first cruise: do not worry about what other people think about you, you are never likely to meet them again.

We had dinner at our son's house this evening - just got home. We all discussed the dining options. Their preference is for all of us to request Select Dining, so that we can be together. On a few evenings, they will have a "date night" in Luminae and our granddaughter will join us for dinner in Select Dining.

I will call our TA on Monday and see if she can arrange this. If not, I will call the Captain's Club for help.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

That sounds perfect. Enjoy!

Phil

OP

I would not concern yourself too much - especially by what may be written on Cruise Critic by people who will not even be on your cruise.

It was made very, very clear by both the Michael's Club Concierge and staff at all the restaurants that anyone in a RS and PH is entitled to eat anywhere on the ship at no extra charge. This is the privilege that your son has paid for when he booked a RS. As others on Cruise Critic have complained about, the price of the higher-end suites have risen considerably since the announcement of the new perks.

Your son should easily be able to organise for you all to eat together in the MDR through the Michael's Club Concierge before you board the ship. There is no need for anyone else to know what class of room anyone is sailing in. Your son may find that he is recognised in advance by most people so that he does not need to show his seapass card. Otherwise, he should only need to show it once.

It is likely that those who have been complained about on Cruise Critic have been visibly asserting their "rights" to be given priority and, by doing so, are responsible for the attitude towards them. There is no way crew and officers on board have any desire to rock the boat by not acting discretely in offering priority to suite guests.

Should you find that one or two people are upset by you being allowed to eat together as a family, just remember what we were told on our first cruise: do not worry about what other people think about you, you are never likely to meet them again.

Just wanted to point out that I was not complaining in my "do your homework" post about this woman. I'm sure she booked prior to Celebrity doing all these Suite changes and would have no way of knowing these things. My complaint was more towards the woman vehemently complaining about the arrangements in Blu which has been in effect since Solstice was launched.

It appears she has come up with the perfect solution for her family which is the only thing that is important.

I have also never complained on this board about suite, CC or AQ privlidges, as a matter of fact just the opposite, you pay for it you deserve it.

Edited by dkjretired

Just wanted to point out that I was not complaining in my "do your homework" post about this woman. I'm sure she booked prior to Celebrity doing all these Suite changes and would have no way of knowing these things. My complaint was more towards the woman vehemently complaining about the arrangements in Blu which has been in effect since Solstice was launched.

It appears she has come up with the perfect solution for her family which is the only thing that is important.

I have also never complained on this board about suite, CC or AQ privlidges, as a matter of fact just the opposite, you pay for it you deserve it.

In no way were my comments directed at you. I was addressing the posts on other threads which had clearly caused the OP to start this thread.

It's not all that uncommon for someone to take their seapass card to guest services to get a hole punched and then to wear it around their neck, especially around the pool. I've seen very few, if any, women wear sea pass necklaces to dinner though....
I've seen sea passes on a lanyard at dinner and during the day by both men and women.

Two thumbs up to your comments. I've been reading other posts talking about "us in steerage" and the suite people walking in on a red carpet, or us second class people cleaning up for the suite class. Heck, I'm not rich, but if I chose to skimp here and save there, just so I can cruise in a suite, we'll good for me. If I choose to do one good cruise a year, instead of 3 or 4 in a lesser cabin, let me and don't cast dispersions. If I choose to sail in a suite, maybe I can because I choose not to drink heavily, or gamble, or spend $$$$ on souvenirs or shopping in port. So to those who think suites are not worth it, fine with me.

I don't know how old you are, but you must be my age, which is pretty old, because your view of life is one that, sadly, is rapidly vanishing from the American scene. Now, everyone has to be equal, whether of not they work hard or not at all, whether they sacrifice or not at all. Of course, some are more equal than others, and they tend to occupy high government positions, vacationing grandly, and probably in suites at every stop. The people in steerage are still living larger than those who never have nor ever will be on a cruise ship

We had dinner at our son's house this evening - just got home. We all discussed the dining options. Their preference is for all of us to request Select Dining, so that we can be together. On a few evenings, they will have a "date night" in Luminae and our granddaughter will join us for dinner in Select Dining.

I will call our TA on Monday and see if she can arrange this. If not, I will call the Captain's Club for help.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Sounds like a good plan. Enjoy your cruise and the time with your family.