Avalon Affinity. Got our travel docs

Cobbie48

So excited for our trip. We leave home in 35 days, headed for 3 days in Munich before heading to Passau to cruise the Main and Rhine.

We cruised on the brand new Expression 2 years ago. The Affinity was launched in 2009 so it's not a Suite ship. No matter, we cruise aquarium class.

So excited for our trip. We leave home in 35 days, headed for 3 days in Munich before heading to Passau to cruise the Main and Rhine.

We cruised on the brand new Expression 2 years ago. The Affinity was launched in 2009 so it's not a Suite ship. No matter, we cruise aquarium class.

Munich is a great city - enjoy and have a great cruise!

Munich is a great city - enjoy and have a great cruise!

I agree! I miss it. Lived there for 1.5 years before the base closed down and then moved to Bad Aibling. Loved that entire area. Can't wait to go back.

• 2 months later...

Oh no! Was it a problem with one of the rivers? We are a month away from our Felicity Romantic Rhine. I just checked Avalon facebook page and didn't see anything regarding your cruise. That is so disappointing for you.

It's unfortunate Cobbie48 did not clarify that her cancelled cruise was earlier this summer, rather than cause concern for current sailings. When I saw this post I immediately checked posting history to see if there was mention of this cruise.

We received ours yesterday too for our Seine trip on 9/22; although we have reviewed our travel documents online, it's exciting to get the whole package in the mail! We're leaving in 25 days heading to Munich as well before our trip. My husband works for the US division of a German company in Munich,so he'll work for a few days before we take the train to Paris. We love Munich, and are looking forward to experiencing Octoberfest for the first time! Hoping our train trip to Paris will be uneventful, after the attacks on the train last week...

Have a great trip!

• 5 months later...

We love Munich, and are looking forward to experiencing Octoberfest for the first time!

Looking for any input on Avalon and Octoberfest. We are planning our first river cruise after many ocean cruises. Our oldest son will be having a mile stone birthday and doing Octoberfest is on his "bucket list".

We thought combining both would be fantastic.

I am thinking of doing Munich pre-cruise for Octoberfest as a better plan, but I am open to suggestions.

Does Avalon pre-cruise package include any beer halls for Octoberfest?

Edited by jamesr3939