Can someone confirm this alcohol question about RCCL

But don't worry, when the ones who smuggled in liquor drinks too much and falls overboard, the family will be quick to call up every news agency they can to blame the cruise industry for what happened.

Smith case on Brilliance.

Yes, I can confirm this. Royal Caribbean has installed new RRSS-9000 (Rum Runner Super-Scanner) scanners in their security lines. They are designed to pick up the molecular signature of the plastic used in Rum Runners. But, rather than wasting time in security with confiscating such contraband, they emit a high-frequency radio wave that weakens the molecular bonds in the polymer. Approximately 30 minutes, the rum runner will disintegrate, spilling the contents into your luggage or carry-on bag.

So, if you try to pack them, make sure there are no valuable electronics in the same bag or anything else that might get ruined from the result of this new technology.

:cool:

Hilarious.....

Cruises are so much fun, and it seems part of the fun is just bustin' some rules! Ok, so I will admit to having to get into the long line in the naughty room to get my luggage- admittedly , it was on one of the "special cruises." Could not imagine why my bag was held back- well, perhaps the rum runners, but they had been so successful in the past, I could not imagine why they failed this time. Well, it wasn't the RRs...... Or the interesting bottle opener.... Or the (insert your vice)- but the officer in charge of the naughty room table asked me if I had handcuffs in my suitcase. Handcuffs? On this cruise??? But of course! Part of the fetish costume night- why wouldn't I have the beautiful rhinestone ones? The line that afternoon was really long, and no exaggeration, the amount of play handcuffs filled a LARGE garbage can at that point.

Fetish night on that cruise was just not the same.

But, we still had a blast on that Freedom of the Seas cruise!

You are wrong,, have you been on Carnival?..lost a rum runner of Jim Beam last year..Dennis

Thank GOD you resurrected this thread without contributing anything positive to it.

We were having a shortage of alcohol threads!

:rolleyes:

Thank GOD you resurrected this thread without contributing anything positive to it.

We were having a shortage of alcohol threads!

:rolleyes:

Merion Mom, we have to have a thread on the most interesting things people have been called to the naughty room for. I'm a Mainliner too, which makes it all that more interesting.....

I'm a bit late to this thread but I'd prefer them to concentrate their secuity efforts on guns and explosives as opposed to liquor. But that's just me.

Of course, this is the point, and while I completely agree with you, a lot of folks just don't get it- that's why I was trying to lighten things up. (but it is a true story)

Seems a heck of a lot of planning and faffing around just to smuggle some drinks on board. Why not just pay for them as you go, or if you drink a lot, buy a drink package?

We did have drink packages but had spirits left over from our 5 days in Waikiki and there was no way we were going to throw that away.

I say everyone legal gets to drink for free...PERIOD!!! With the price of cruises it outta be included. Of course, there would have to be some limits put on that like how many in a day or how often. Anything above the limit they set, you pay for!
This makes the price for a cruise higher for everyone. I do not drink, and my wife may have one glass of wine the entire 7 day cruise. Why should I pay a higher price for your need to be 'buzzed', etc.
Like no one has ever cheated on their taxes either, right. :eek:
I have never cheated on my taxes at all. I like being able to sleep at night, and not worry about a dreaded mail from the IRS saying I owe the rest of the tax and penalties.