Can someone confirm this alcohol question about RCCL

Try smuggling alcohol into a sports stadium and see what happens. Most won't try it because they know there are consequences there. Royal really doesn't have any stiff consequences that scares people from doing it. If they did, I'm sure there would be less people trying to do it.

All this will lead to royal increasing prices or going back to everyone in the stateroom having to get the package. My wife doesn't drink at all so that would be a waste of money.

I don't think the consequences are that much different at a sports event. I have heard that the people just loose their booze but are still allowed in. At least in the part of Canada that I live in. On a cruise you normally get the booze back at the end of the cruise.

Seems a heck of a lot of planning and faffing around just to smuggle some drinks on board. Why not just pay for them as you go, or if you drink a lot, buy a drink package?

You could also just buy your toothpaste onboard. Takes the same amount

of planning and faffing to bring a rum runner as it does your Crest.

You could also just buy your toothpaste onboard. Takes the same amount

of planning and faffing to bring a rum runner as it does your Crest.

Actually, I generally already have toothpaste, so the only planning and faffing involved is remembering to pack it. That's somewhat less than buying a separate container, transferring my toothpaste into that new container, then trying to specially pack it in places where security hopefully won't realize that I am bringing on toothpaste.

But, for what it's worth, I have forgotten to pack toothpaste for a cruise once, and the on-board shop didn't have any. So, I was out of luck until our first port stop.

How do you know every piece of luggage actually is X-rayed?

TSA = eyewash.

you mean just because luggage is going through a box on a conveyor, that there's actually no x-ray machine looking at pictures of the insides? That the operator is watching cartoons on the monitor? You may be on to something. But at airports, I've watched the TSA operator twist the dial to see the various levels through my luggage, it was neat to see how it worked, until that is I had to be pulled aside so my carry-on could be searched for the box of staples that was in in....

Whatever you say isn't an excuse to smuggle alcohol. There's always choices and that choice would be not to go on the cruise if you don't agree with the prices. You can also choose not to drink at all or get a drink package. Don't know what you do for a living, but I'm sure you don't want anyone cheating you at your job or try to get over on you. Same concept here.

Can I get an amen bothers and sisters ?

I say everyone legal gets to drink for free...PERIOD!!! With the price of cruises it outta be included. Of course, there would have to be some limits put on that like how many in a day or how often. Anything above the limit they set, you pay for!

Problem solved.

Cruised with my underage son in December, 8 nights on Navigator, for $624/person.

Neither of us drink alcohol.

How much would our fares have cost if alcohol were included???

No thanks. Let the people who actually drink booze pay for booze. Let the people who want a balcony or suite pay for their extra real estate. Let the people who want to eat in specialty restaurants pay for their special food.

But let those of us who just want to cruise JUST pay for our cruise... :rolleyes:

Like no one has ever cheated on their taxes either, right. :eek:

This analogy makes me laugh. Assuming everyone cheats on their taxes says more about you than anyone else. Then again you're already smuggling booze so it's par for the course. Enjoy your cruise. :D

Try smuggling alcohol into a sports stadium and see what happens. Most won't try it because they know there are consequences there. Royal really doesn't have any stiff consequences that scares people from doing it. If they did, I'm sure there would be less people trying to do it.

All this will lead to royal increasing prices or going back to everyone in the stateroom having to get the package. My wife doesn't drink at all so that would be a waste of money.

I am sorry, but are you saying the ridiculous price for drinks of any kind on board a cruise is because of all the people who smuggle booze on board? I think its mostly because they have a captive audience. I have never smuggled booze on board but I can understand why some would.

Actually, I generally already have toothpaste, so the only planning and faffing involved is remembering to pack it. That's somewhat less than buying a separate container, transferring my toothpaste into that new container, then trying to specially pack it in places where security hopefully won't realize that I am bringing on toothpaste.

But, for what it's worth, I have forgotten to pack toothpaste for a cruise once, and the on-board shop didn't have any. So, I was out of luck until our first port stop.

Actually after a one time purchase you already have the rum runner,

they last longer than toothpaste. Believe it or not they actually get delivered

to your door. Transferring the contraband booze takes about seven seconds out of your life. Packing time is the same amount it takes to pack your tight whities.

So many people seem alcohol dependent.

The prices are inflated. It's easy to just not drink. Having to drink in your cabin is hardly very social.

I can quit anytime I want. I've done it lots of times.

No problem starting again either.

How do you know every piece of luggage actually is X-rayed?

TSA = eyewash.

TSA has nothing to do with ship scanners, port security officers or what is carried on. Take a good look at those uniforms, they are from a private security company...

Edited by BallFour4

I love how if someone ask about bringing alcohol on board contry to RCL rules then they are jumped all over by those that live on their soap box but ask about bring water or soda on which is also against the rules then there is nothing but helpful suggestion :cool::cool:

I say bring as many RR as you want, if you are happy to run the risk of loosing them then it's worth a go. If you don't want to go to the expense of trying then don't.

We are all guilty of not following the rules at some point. It may be re alcohol or soda or water or it maybe in another way. So stop with the same old judgments.

Mum told me if you can't say something nice then don't. Words to live by. :)

I love how if someone ask about bringing alcohol on board contry to RCL rules then they are jumped all over by those that live on their soap box but ask about bring water or soda on which is also against the rules then there is nothing but helpful suggestion :cool::cool:

I say bring as many RR as you want, if you are happy to run the risk of loosing them then it's worth a go. If you don't want to go to the expense of trying then don't.

We are all guilty of not following the rules at some point. It may be re alcohol or soda or water or it maybe in another way. So stop with the same old judgments.

Mum told me if you can't say something nice then don't. Words to live by. :)

I wonder how many of the "pro" rum runners get upset when they encounter a chair hog.

I wonder how many of the "pro" rum runners get upset when they encounter a chair hog.

It's funny, I have been on 5 cruises and never had an issue getting seats where I wanted to sit. Usually around the pool.

To me it's like finding a parking spot have a little patience and one will come up or move along to the next area.

I just love the three hot buttons on this forum

1. Tipping/gratuities

2. Rum runners

3. Hair hogging

If it wa not for these three topics then the forum would be very quite, everyone has a opinion and jump up to the highest soap box to give it.

My question is for those that condem others behind the safety of their computer, do they every do anything about it while on board?

If so what and to what end?

I am sorry, but are you saying the ridiculous price for drinks of any kind on board a cruise is because of all the people who smuggle booze on board? I think its mostly because they have a captive audience. I have never smuggled booze on board but I can understand why some would.

You are right. The price has nothing to do with smuggling. RCI will keep raising the price until they find the pricepoint where profits start to drop off. It is a simple concept. People should stop trying to make it complicated.

It's funny, I have been on 5 cruises and never had an issue getting seats where I wanted to sit. Usually around the pool.

To me it's like finding a parking spot have a little patience and one will come up or move along to the next area.

I just love the three hot buttons on this forum

1. Tipping/gratuities

2. Rum runners

3. Hair hogging

If it wa not for these three topics then the forum would be very quite, everyone has a opinion and jump up to the highest soap box to give it.

My question is for those that condem others behind the safety of their computer, do they every do anything about it while on board?

If so what and to what end?

You forgot about appropriate manner to dress which used to be limited to the MDR but has expanded to around the pool, walking around the ship, in transit from your cabin to the pool.....

I think that's because there is a distinct difference between being allowed to do something that is buried in the "rules" somewhere, versus having to be sneaky to get away with something.

If you could openly bring on bottles of booze with nobody batting an eye, then it would be the same as water or soda. :cool:

I think that's because there is a distinct difference between being allowed to do something that is buried in the "rules" somewhere, versus having to be sneaky to get away with something.

If you could openly bring on bottles of booze with nobody batting an eye, then it would be the same as water or soda. :cool:

So by this I can hog chairs, wear jeans to the MDR and drop my auto tips cos all those things are done in the open. :eek:

Rules are rules you can't condone breaking some and condem breaking others. :cool:

You forgot about appropriate manner to dress which used to be limited to the MDR but has expanded to around the pool, walking around the ship, in transit from your cabin to the pool.....

Ohh I so did

4. What to wear and not to in the MDI, pool, to breakfast oh hell just about everywhere. ;)

So by this I can hog chairs, wear jeans to the MDR and drop my auto tips cos all those things are done in the open. :eek:

Rules are rules you can't condone breaking some and condem breaking others. :cool:

For what it's worth, I don't try to bring on alcohol (except the allowed wine) or water or soda. But if you read the "rules," it's not even that clear that you can't bring on soda and water. It says that in one sentence, then another sentence says that, if you do bring water or soda, it may be subject to inspection to make sure it doesn't contain alcohol. So, really, it sounds like they mainly don't want people using water/soda bottles to sneak alcohol on.

Sorry, but even though I don't think I break or bend any of their rules, you won't convince me that all rules are equal.

(PS - There are no rules against wearing jeans to the MDR or dropping your autotips. There is a rule against reserving chairs, though. Sometimes they are pretty good at enforcing that rule, too, but many times not.)

Edited by Paul65

For what it's worth, I don't try to bring on alcohol (except the allowed wine) or water or soda. But if you read the "rules," it's not even that clear that you can't bring on soda and water. It says that in one sentence, then another sentence says that, if you do bring water or soda, it may be subject to inspection to make sure it doesn't contain alcohol. So, really, it sounds like they mainly don't want people using water/soda bottles to sneak alcohol on.

Sorry, but even though I don't think I break or bend any of their rules, you won't convince me that all rules are equal.

(PS - There are no rules against wearing jeans to the MDR or dropping your autotips. There is a rule against reserving chairs, though. Sometimes they are pretty good at enforcing that rule, too, but many times not.)

From the website

Q: Can I bring alcohol or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) on board?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Seems clear to me.