Beverage Packages

You should be charged the excess of the cost of the wine over the $8 limit.

Incorrect. For the basic package anything over the $8 limit is charged full price,

Only the higher level packages are you charged the difference over the $12 limit.

Incorrect. For the basic package anything over the $8 limit is charged full price,

Only the higher level packages are you charged the difference over the $12 limit.

are you sure about this? i'm new to rccl but this is not what I have been reading. it would be good to know.

This was not the case for my group traveling on GoS at the end of May.

The Select, Premium, and Ultimate packages will only charge the difference over their respective limits on glasses of wine.

Hi Bob,

Slightly off subject, do you know for sure if water is included in the premium package?

RC does not show it included when I look at their website, but I have seen many threads where they say bottled water is in the premium pkg.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Mark. :)

Hi Bob,

Slightly off subject, do you know for sure if water is included in the premium package?

RC does not show it included when I look at their website, but I have seen many threads where they say bottled water is in the premium pkg.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Mark. :)

Bottled still water is included in the Replenish, Premium, and Ultimate packages:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Thanks for your speedy reply.

Knew you would be the person to ask :D

When I go to the planner in my booking it does not say water in the list of drinks included which is why I asked, thanks again.

Thanks for your speedy reply.

Knew you would be the person to ask :D

When I go to the planner in my booking it does not say water in the list of drinks included which is why I asked, thanks again.

You're welcome. I'd print out the link I posted and take it with on the cruise, just in case they "forget" what is included.

Nope. As others have stated, ALL alcohol-included packages now apply the package maximum as a credit to the wine price.

Edited by jahannah

Nope. As others have stated, ALL alcohol-included packages now apply the package maximum as a credit to the wine price.

Not sure I'm following - especially as you seem to have quoted things that contradict each other (or else I'm just reading it wrong).

Just for clarification, I decided on the Select package because frankly I'm more likely to have wine or beer than a ton of mixed drinks, so I figured this would be the better option along with buying a bit of onboard credit to cover one or two mixed drinks and any overage on the wine if it occurred (I'm not super picky about my wine, so I'll probably be fine with the included ones as long as there are some red options.

Are you saying it would be whatever the difference was if I opted for a more expensive wine or would it be the full cost?

when did that change? when we sailed back in January the select package charged full price for anything over $8 on NAV.