NCL Does Monitor Cruise Critic

jaja

There has been discussion as to whether NCL corporate monitors Cruise Critic.

Well not only do they ..BUT they pass some info to the officers/ships.

On my recent cruise on the Gem..I had the occasion to speak with an officer about something I observed which needed attention. In the course of our conversation, I asked if he was on Cruise Critic (since what I was discussing was the topic of some recent threads here), he said only sometimes...BUT that corporate does send to them summaries of things mentioned here!:)

Good to know.

i'd be stunned if any line didn't.

The core of any business is knowing what customers think, why else do you think companies [and governments] spend so much on surveys and polls and trials.

i'd be stunned if any line didn't.

The core of any business is knowing what customers think, why else do you think companies [and governments] spend so much on surveys and polls and trials.

I agree...but the part that surprised me is they basically send out a synopsis to the ships on a regular basis ;)

They do on the Carnival board. The rep even chimes in once in a rare occasion when things are being hotly debated, ie; the recent change to bottled water for purchase pre cruise price change.

I got off the Getaway last weekend and when I got home, I received a survey of my cruise from NCL via email. At the end of the survey it asked if I was a Cruise Critic member or if I had heard of a website called 'Cruise Critic'. So yes, they're watching and listening.

We were just on the Jewel to Alaska and had a meet-and-greet where MANY of the senior staff showed up to welcome us (only wish there had been more of us there to appreciate it!). Steven Jacobsen, the hotel director (?), was the first to speak and mentioned that they DO read what we have to say on Cruise Critic, and he had a cute smile indicating he knows it's not always good. :)

Therefore I just posted a two-part review (more like "random thoughts")and will be posting a few other things, knowing someone will probably see it. It's mostly complimentary, with a few suggestions thrown in...

Janice

There has been discussion as to whether NCL corporate monitors Cruise Critic.

Well not only do they ..BUT they pass some info to the officers/ships.

On my recent cruise on the Gem..I had the occasion to speak with an officer about something I observed which needed attention. In the course of our conversation, I asked if he was on Cruise Critic (since what I was discussing was the topic of some recent threads here), he said only sometimes...BUT that corporate does send to them summaries of things mentioned here!:)

Good to know.

One of the two men who spoke to us from Miami Corp. Office at the M&G is on CC!

Harriet

One of the two men who spoke to us from Miami Corp. Office at the M&G is on CC!

Harriet

Yes ..I remember --and he would not tell you his CC ID ;)

I always knew many employees lurk/post here and also Public Relations (posting as NCL)..but as I said...found it interesting that corporate sends CC "reports" to the ships...meaning sometimes what we say may actually do some good.:)

Glad to hear they monitor the boards here on CC.

If someone from the Jewel (the best ship and staff) is reading this...please tell Sebby to get my balcony cabin ready! I'll be back this September. :)

At our meet and greet in January, one of the officer, can't remember which one told us that if we had any issues to contact her....She said she would rather address it right away rather than reading about it on Cruise Critic.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

Yes, and I wish people would stop posting smuggling tips.

Me too. I frequent the cruising subreddit once in a while and I always roll my eyes when people want to know how to smuggle alcohol onto the ship. And it's like I can imagine the cruise security will catch on to those tips too.