Just off Breeze 8 night southern

2boys2girls

I will try to write a review for the first time after just returning back from our 8 night Carnival Breeze cruise, which I have to say was a blast! This cruise departed Miami and visited Grand Turk, Dominican Republic, Curacao and Aruba. We are from South Florida and this is our 4th cruise on Carnival. We had a balcony cabin on the starboard side Deck 7, a little behind Jimmy's C Side Barbecue and about 2 cabins from one of the Deck 5 hot tubs. The reason I mention this is because I was really nervous about this location, from some comments about this area. I will mention this area more in my review but for anyone who wants a quick opinion, unless we just lucked out, this was a great location with little noise when sitting out on the balcony and I wish that I hadn't worried so much about it...no complaints!

We just got back home today so lots of laundry to catch up on etc but I wanted to start this off just as an FYI to all those future Breeze cruisers. We took lots of pics but being technologically challenged, not sure about getting these posted to the review. Please be patient as life will now get in the way but I will try to get this review done as quickly as possible....with or without pictures!

We have cabins on deck 7 for September - 7339 and 7441 I believe. Hoping it's a good location. Of course, just being on a cruise is the important thing!

We were in cabin 7391 starboard side in between the barbecue place and a hot tub. I can say that all my worries were for nothing! The restaurant was only open on sea days and since we were rarely in our cabin during their open hours, there was no issue with people or noise. The hot tub seemed to be closed at times for "purification" and when there were people in it, if I was out on our balcony, I could sometimes hear people talking but nothing intrusive. Also, as I had read before our cruise, when sitting on your balcony chairs, you can't see Deck 5 at all...it's only when you stand up and look over the balcony that you can see that deck. Honestly, it seemed mainly empty for the entire cruise so we loved our location and I'm sure you will too. Like you said, just being on a cruise is the important thing...have a great time!

Good morning to everyone who is following my review! I know that i loved reading reviews about the Breeze before we left on our cruise so I will get this review done before those of you who are leaving this Saturday (got to say, so jealous...wish I was getting back on for another cruise)! Anyway, gonna wait for my daughter to get home to see if she can help me figure out how to post pics. Otherwise I will continue on with my review later today!!

As I am sitting here working on my laundry, will start off with embarkation day. As I said, we live in South Florida so since my husband was dropping us off before he went to work, we left our house around 10am and got to the port right around 11am. Of course, it was busy, as expected. With so many people departing the ship and so many arriving at the same time but no worries. We checked in our luggage quickly, got in a short line through security and had our sail and sign cards in hand by about 11:30am.

The later it got, the busier and longer the lines got, but we were already set and waiting for our zone to be called. We were Zone 8 and they didn't start the embarkation process until about 12noon. We were on board and dropping off our carry-on luggage in our cabin before 1:30. Up to the Lido Deck for some food and a yummy drink and than out to the main pool to chill and hang out and people watch. The slides were open and everyone seemed to be in vacation mode...and why not! We had our Muster Drill in the Blush dining room, which was painless and not too long. This was our 1st introduction to Dr.E, the cruise director and he is definitely a ball of energy, along with Orlando, who I believe is the assistant cruise director. The 2 of them fed off each other and were very energetic and friendly. Let the cruise begin!!

Can't wait to read more! I would love to see pictures as well if you can figure how to post them. Loading them to a site such as Snapfish or Photobucket is generally what people do. Either way I am looking forward to your review!

How were the mattress ?

I've got to reply to this because it was one thing I noticed a difference on from our last cruise back in 2011. I have always thought Carnival beds and bedding were awesome but something has changed, in my opinion.

We were in a quad balcony cabin and had the main beds set up as 2 twins and than the couch/bed with the pull-out bunk over that. I was traveling with my 3 children, ages 19, 18 and 14 with the 14 year old sleeping on the top bunk.

We all thought the beds/bedding was quite hard compared to what we remembered, especially the bunk bed. I know I tossed and turned a couple of nights having trouble getting comfortable. Don't know if it's the mattress' or the bedding but something is different...and not for the better.

In the scheme of things, it was a minor issue because the cruise was awesome but just our opinion!

Can't wait to read more! I would love to see pictures as well if you can figure how to post them. Loading them to a site such as Snapfish or Photobucket is generally what people do. Either way I am looking forward to your review!

I know...I love reading reviews with pictures so will continue to try and figure it out!

So this was the first time that we figured out we could eat dinner in the dining room wearing our embarkation clothes so we did! We were in the upper level of the Sapphire dining room in what I would describe as a 4 person booth. First time I've seen this kind of table so it had a lot of good and a little of bad, in my opinion!

It was comfortable and kind of cozy as there was another 4 person booth in this little alcove of the dining room. We had to switch back and forth so when I was sitting facing the dining room it was great but when we took turns moving around, I didn't care having my back to the whole room...again just my opinion. Also, just to clarify, when I mean switching back and forth I mean that we took turns having our backs to the dining room!

The only thing you really couldn't see (which I know some people don't care about) was when the waiters did their singing shows on certain nights. If you wanted to see what was going on, you needed to get up and watch. Some people will love this setting and some may not but it was fine for us and we had great waiters so it was all good!

So this was the first time that we figured out we could eat dinner in the dining room wearing our embarkation clothes so we did! We were in the upper level of the Sapphire dining room in what I would describe as a 4 person booth. First time I've seen this kind of table so it had a lot of good and a little of bad, in my opinion!

It was comfortable and kind of cozy as there was another 4 person booth in this little alcove of the dining room. We had to switch back and forth so when I was sitting facing the dining room it was great but when we took turns moving around, I didn't care having my back to the whole room...again just my opinion. Also, just to clarify, when I mean switching back and forth I mean that we took turns having our backs to the dining room!

The only thing you really couldn't see (which I know some people don't care about) was when the waiters did their singing shows on certain nights. If you wanted to see what was going on, you needed to get up and watch. Some people will love this setting and some may not but it was fine for us and we had great waiters so it was all good!

I am loving you review so far! Keep it up!

I've got to reply to this because it was one thing I noticed a difference on from our last cruise back in 2011. I have always thought Carnival beds and bedding were awesome but something has changed, in my opinion.

We were in a quad balcony cabin and had the main beds set up as 2 twins and than the couch/bed with the pull-out bunk over that. I was traveling with my 3 children, ages 19, 18 and 14 with the 14 year old sleeping on the top bunk.

We all thought the beds/bedding was quite hard compared to what we remembered, especially the bunk bed. I know I tossed and turned a couple of nights having trouble getting comfortable. Don't know if it's the mattress' or the bedding but something is different...and not for the better.

In the scheme of things, it was a minor issue because the cruise was awesome but just our opinion!

I've been hearing the mattress have changed and are the hard side. Won't matter now since the Breeze is moving sooner than announced and we won't sail on the Splendor.