Question about luggage tags

CanadaJulie

My Edocs were ready to print yesterday, 70 days out. I never did get an email which NCL said they'd send but whatever.

I printed my luggage tags and wrote my name and cell phone number. There is a spot to write my home address - which I did not fill in. Why on earth would they need my home address to deliver my bags to my room on the ship ??

My bag has my ID in it (a regular luggage tag inside a pocket)

Why do they ask for a home address and does anyone fill that in ?

Why an address on the outside of your bag? Because bags can get lost. The more id, the better chance the bag will be re-united with you. No requirement that you fill out this part of the NCL tag, but certainly at least put your name and phone number. (I put my office address on my tags.)

My Edocs were ready to print yesterday, 70 days out. I never did get an email which NCL said they'd send but whatever.

I printed my luggage tags and wrote my name and cell phone number. There is a spot to write my home address - which I did not fill in. Why on earth would they need my home address to deliver my bags to my room on the ship ??

My bag has my ID in it (a regular luggage tag inside a pocket)

Why do they ask for a home address and does anyone fill that in ?

Having it on an NCL tag doesn't hurt. I don't see what your issue is?

Edited by Laszlo

Having it on an NCL tag doesn't hurt. I don't see what your issue is?

For me, the issue is making someone aware I'm not home which leaves my home vulnerable. The odds are probably astronomical but there's no sense in making myself an easy target........

I never put my address on any of those. We put a cell # on there, but always have a full itinerary on the inside of the bag. Same thing with flying.

OP here. That's exactly what I was planning. I guess it just annoys me to have to fill in stuff that couldn't possibly be useful to the person viewing it (ie the people delivering my bag to my room)