Question on Alcohol prepaid Card

desertgal92262

hello

I am interested in the alcohol card for the INSPIRATION on Carnival. I was told cost is $49.95 per day up to 15 drinks (which is very generous indeed).

Is this something you buy on board or can I pay/buy it now before sailing in AUG?

Do they limit you as to what you can order? (meaning, if I want to drink tequila one day and wine another day and vodka another does it make a difference?)

also, do they try to upgrade to MORE PREMIUM alcohol when you go to buy this card?

anyone with experience using this card..please chime in. I would think if you have 5 drinks in one day (without the card) it would be about the same cost ($50)

I just pre ordered/paid for 8 pack of 50 oz bottled water to be delivered to my cabin. It was $20. I thought that was very reasonable. (Must stay hydrated while having fun!) Plan to take my water bottle/straw with me to refill all day.....I carry it daily when traveling.

thanks

hello

I am interested in the alcohol card for the INSPIRATION on Carnival. I was told cost is $49.95 per day up to 15 drinks (which is very generous indeed).

Is this something you buy on board or can I pay/buy it now before sailing in AUG?

Do they limit you as to what you can order? (meaning, if I want to drink tequila one day and wine another day and vodka another does it make a difference?)

also, do they try to upgrade to MORE PREMIUM alcohol when you go to buy this card?

anyone with experience using this card..please chime in. I would think if you have 5 drinks in one day (without the card) it would be about the same cost ($50)

I just pre ordered/paid for 8 pack of 50 oz bottled water to be delivered to my cabin. It was $20. I thought that was very reasonable. (Must stay hydrated while having fun!) Plan to take my water bottle/straw with me to refill all day.....I carry it daily when traveling.

thanks

Can't answer the questions about when you buy.

I can say that EVERY person in your cabin over the age of 21 MUST also buy the card.

hello

You have to prove you are over 21 so therefore you have to buy it once you are on board.

Do they limit you as to what you can order? (meaning, if I want to drink tequila one day and wine another day and vodka another does it feel make a difference?

You can order anything under $10 per drink with some things excluded such as souvenir cup drinks and certain other drinks. They will give you a paper when you purchase it that explains everything. Or you could go to carnivals website and search Cheers program and it will detail it all.

Yes if you drink more than 5 drinks a day it's paid for.

As far as water goes, they have the 12 packs of 16.9 oz bottles for $2.99 you could save about $14 by buying 2 of those instead of the 50oz 2 12 packs of 16.9 oz equals 405.6 oz of water for $5.98 versus 8 bottles of 50oz equals 400 oz for $20

Have a good cruise!

thanks

Edited by fuddhist1

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Many of the drink packages include being able to buy bottled water -- so why buy a separate package of water? Also the water on the ships is better than what we get at home thus we find it not necessary to buy bottled water.

Definitely ask questions on the Carnival board as there are limits as to what drinks you can get with the drink cards. Many of the cruise lines will not allow you to purchase a higher price drink with the drink packages and pay the extra difference -- they will just charge the higher price drinks to your shipboard account.