Drink pkgs. on RCCL ..cost with new gratuity

pema

should we buy drink pkg. before we board ?

Are their different grades of pkgs. with varying costs

Site where we can see all pkgs. with brands of liquor and types of drinks including beers

Thanks

Site where we can see all pkgs. with brands of liquor and types of drinks including beers

Thanks

Add 18% gratuity to the prices in the document:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

Thanks

RCCL has depending on ship, over 30 different types of beer, with all the special beers served in the pub. The only beer not included is Chimay 750ml bottle, which is 19.95 a bottle I believe.

As far as the other drinks, you can basically drink anything they have. I did not encounter any restrictions. For wine, you pay the price difference after $14.00 I believe. (not a wine drinker).

Can you purchase the full beverage package on board? We have plenty of credit on our account from our honeymoon registry but cannot use it til we're actually on board. I'd rather not spend money in advance if I can use the credits on board.

Thanks,

Sarah

Can you purchase the full beverage package on board? We have plenty of credit on our account from our honeymoon registry but cannot use it til we're actually on board. I'd rather not spend money in advance if I can use the credits on board.

Thanks,

Sarah

Yes, you can purchase any of the beverage packages on board. You are also able to purchase for less than the full cruise if you like.

Thanks,

Sarah

Yes. It would be wise to wait until you are onboard to buy any type of package since if you purchase before the cruise starts it will be charged to your credit card.

RCCL has depending on ship, over 30 different types of beer, with all the special beers served in the pub. The only beer not included is Chimay 750ml bottle, which is 19.95 a bottle I believe.

As far as the other drinks, you can basically drink anything they have. I did not encounter any restrictions. For wine, you pay the price difference after $14.00 I believe. (not a wine drinker).

I'm a huge fan of chimay.. Is that included in the ultimate package?

I'm not sure of ALL the beers not covered in a Premium Pkg, but Guiness was NOT included on our Liberty Med cruise last Sept.

I'm a huge fan of chimay.. Is that included in the ultimate package?

The 750ml Chimay is not included in any package, and no credit is given because it is beer, not wine or a cocktail. So if you want Chimay, you would have to pay full price.

My question is it cheaper to wait to purchase on board or are the prices the same online. Either way which is the best.

Beverage packages are the same price, pre-cruise or onboard.

The only situation I'm not sure of is if you are cruising out of Barcelona. Those cruises have a VAT tax added to purchases onboard, and I don't know if that can be avoided by purchasing pre-cruise.

My husband and I are heavy soda (pop) drinkers. Does anybody know the cost of a single diet coke or beverage on the ship. Considering buying a package, just trying to justify that it is the right fit for our situation. Thanks

My husband and I are heavy soda (pop) drinkers. Does anybody know the cost of a single diet coke or beverage on the ship. Considering buying a package, just trying to justify that it is the right fit for our situation. Thanks

I'm in the same situation. I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the cost is $2.50 for a can of soda. With the package you get cans plus unlimited access to the fountain sodas if your ship has them.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do the royal refreshment that includes coffees, teas and juices, or if I should just do the soda package. Big price difference between the two.

A 12oz can of soda runs around $2.50.

I'm in the same situation. I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that the cost is $2.50 for a can of soda. With the package you get cans plus unlimited access to the fountain sodas if your ship has them.

I'm trying to decide if I want to do the royal refreshment that includes coffees, teas and juices, or if I should just do the soda package. Big price difference between the two.

Be careful with the names of the packages, they were seemingly designed by Royal to be confusing.

Royal Refreshment = soda only

Royal Replenish = soda, specialty coffees and teas, bottled still and sparkling water, non-alcoholic cocktails, and fresh squeezed OJ.

Be careful with the names of the packages, they were seemingly designed by Royal to be confusing.

Royal Refreshment = soda only

Royal Replenish = soda, specialty coffees and teas, bottled still and sparkling water, non-alcoholic cocktails, and fresh squeezed OJ.

We were not sure what we were going to pick, but this helped us make a decision. Thanks !

Edited by funbythedozen

Thank you for the info, looks like the Soda Only (refreshment package) will fill the bill. I figure I drink at least 4 to 6 sodas a day, at $2.50 a can we will be further ahead to just pre purchase the Refreshment Package and be done with it. Thanks.:)

Thank you for the info, looks like the Soda Only (refreshment package) will fill the bill. I figure I drink at least 4 to 6 sodas a day, at $2.50 a can we will be further ahead to just pre purchase the Refreshment Package and be done with it. Thanks.:)

Please be aware that if you have a soda package (or any package that includes soda) that if you go to a bar for a soda, you will get what is in the gun, not in a can. And if you have the cup with the chip, you can use the Coke Freestyle machine.

Cans are only used if you purchase them separately. I like Diet Coke, but will not drink it from the fountain or bar gun. To me, the taste is different (not sure if it's the artificial sweetener they use, or the proportions or what). Therefore, I won't use a package for it. I will drink flavored lemonades from the Freestyle machine, but not enough to warrant purchasing a package, so my mom and I will pay for a can a day to share on our own.

Just wanted to point out the difference, if it matters to you.