Royal vs Regal

solehigh

We are wondering what is different in the Regal. We were on the Royal its first year and really liked it. So what's been changed or added on the Regal? Thanks

There is a small little pool at the back of the Regal. I can't think of any other difference.

There is a small little pool at the back of the Regal. I can't think of any other difference.

Also side aisles in the Princess Theater, windows in Princess Live & some narrow access on Promenade deck under the lifeboats.

The side aisles in the theater is, IMHO, the best improvement they made. Quite a favorable difference.

I feel the same way although in April on the Regal many passengers apparently were unaware of the side aisles. Entering the theater very few passengers used them but more used them when exiting the theater.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Aft pool on Regal was so tiny. It was like a can of sardines on the at sea days and didn't hold that many people at all. I think it was pointless to add. I think they should have either left it as is, or done something different with that space.

Also, the fountains at the main pool are nice, but I also think they should have used that space for a much larger main pool. Their pools really couldn't accomodate the number of people during the sea days. Even the retreat pool was crowded.

Aft pool on Regal was so tiny. It was like a can of sardines on the at sea days and didn't hold that many people at all. I think it was pointless to add. I think they should have either left it as is, or done something different with that space.

Also, the fountains at the main pool are nice, but I also think they should have used that space for a much larger main pool. Their pools really couldn't accomodate the number of people during the sea days. Even the retreat pool was crowded.

On our cruises on both Royal and Regal, the fountains were used during the afternoon as deck space for loungers. These people were happy to be front and center at the pool. The crowding we experienced was on the decks. We had no problems in either of the pools.

IMG_1535_zpsamstbc3m.jpg

I was hoping they would make the crew-only midship staircase public, but I guess they didn't...I hear they do use it for the public during the muster drill...

Yes they do. The stairs would be needed if there was a real emergency.

Edited by Mom33