Getting away from infernal MUTS noise: Diamond Princess

lahore

On our cruise on the Regal in December, we noticed all concerts and movie times for MUTS were announced in the Patters. There were down times on the MUTS screen in between showings. At this time there were nature pictures displayed with no sound. The pictures on the new screen were not affected by bright sunlight.

Perhaps the CD on our cruise can be credited with trying to please all the people all the time. :) You could schedule your pool time when the silence was scheduled. ;)

You've discovered Princess' secret method of dealing with the chair hog problem - reduce the number of people wanting chairs.

Hahaha, 'many a true word spoken in jest' :D

MUTS is a signature feature of princess. They have spent hundreds of

thousands of dollars installing it on their ships. They tout it on their

website as part of one's cruise experience.

I am sure after a few complaints on cruise critic, they will do away with it.

As people know in advance that they hate this, why book a cruise with

Princess?

Don't these people have a light socket that they can just stick a finger

in from time-to-time?

People who are intolerant of other people's concerns on a site called 'cruise CRITIC' could take the same advice Pablo. Perhaps they should find a site called 'cruise fanboys consensus seeking' instead.

To answer your actual question, in my case I booked two Princess cruises at the same time because of a sale here in Australia. I took the first and then became quite concerned about the second. There will probably never be a third, but my question was a valid one. It has been answered here, and I am now engaging in the conversation, that is if it's OK with you (or not).

Edited by lahore

I'm not sure how many times people have to say that it'll be fine before you're convinced. DIAMOND is not the DAWN...they're totally different.

I do feel a lot more confident after the answers to this thread. That won't stop me from talking to people on here though, nor should it surely?

As people know in advance that they hate this, why book a cruise with

Princess?

There's not a lot of choice from Australia in our so-called off season (April to October). Princess, P&O Australia and Carnival. All the others hive off to the US, Asia or Europe. They haven't discovered the winter market here yet - cruises to the warmer parts of Australia and the South Pacific.

I enjoy Muts. That tina turner concert is fabulous. I watch all sorts of movies when they playing them. There are plenty of places to go to avoid it.

I liked the Tina concert too the first 5 times I saw it. They really need to get some new material.

I liked the Tina concert too the first 5 times I saw it. They really need to get some new material.

Pity the poor bar staff by MUTS. By now they probably know the material better than Tina ever did.

Pity the poor bar staff by MUTS. By now they probably know the material better than Tina ever did.

Hate to think what damage it's doing to their hearing! :eek:

They'll probably all be deaf by the time they're 50.

We stopped cruising with Princess because we could not stand the noise of MUTS during the day. We have moved over to Celebrity but we have now cruised all of their Northern Europe Itineraries at least once. Came over here to see what was going on with Princess these days. Find it hard to believe that they are still playing that Tina Turner concert. Looks like we will still be avoiding it unfortunately. Incidentally we could hear MUTS on our balcony C231. Maybe it was the way the wind was blowing.