Port docking time questions?

travgurl

When is states that we dock in Haines at 6:30 a.m. do we really dock earlier than the stated time? We need, as well as others to catch the ferry to Skagway that leaves from Haines at 6:45 a.m. I am concerned about the logistics getting off the ship and making the ferry in time to get us to Skagway. I know that they are located next to each other and we need to be down in the area to get off the ship by 6 a.m. I have told everyone. Any advice? Traveling on Holland in July, almost time to go! Very excited and looking forward to the trip! Thanks

Are you booking this independently? It is going to be a chance considering this. there is NO guarantee the ship will clear on time. Last time I was there, 2012, the ship did not clear on time. But this is just one, isolated incident.

When is the next ferry, why not consider taking that, or do what I occasionally do between Skagway and Haines- fly one direction?

You may make it, you may not. Simple answer. Just the distance between the two docks, is going to take 10 minutes. Even those they are fairly close, you still have to walk the long way around to get between the two. You'll be on the run likely.

Edited by Budget Queen