Princess Travel Protection Plan

lmentzer

I'm frustrated. I can't find anywhere I can find the rates for the Princess Travel Protection Plan. I found that they go through AON Affinity, but NOWHERE can I find rates. We are going on the Ruby Princess 15 day LA to Hawaii cruise over the Christmas holidays. Do they have levels of protection. Since we are basically not going out of the US, do we need anything more than cancellation insurance. We're all over sixty and in good health. I'm sure some of you have used this, so can you give me any info? I'd appreciate the help.

Yes, there are two levels of protection. The information is on the Princess website. http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/pdf/travel_care.pdf

When considering insurance, remember that it's for the unexpected. Nobody plans or expects to need it. Sprain your ankle? Get the flu or Noro? Just hang outside the Medical Center and you'll see a line out the door of people who needed care they didn't expect. I got a severe cold on the Royal last September (bacterial) and needed antibiotics and other medications. Bill was about $380. Submitted claim and I was reimbursed.

Yes, there are two levels of protection. The information is on the Princess website. http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/pdf/travel_care.pdf

When considering insurance, remember that it's for the unexpected. Nobody plans or expects to need it. Sprain your ankle? Get the flu or Noro? Just hang outside the Medical Center and you'll see a line out the door of people who needed care they didn't expect. I got a severe cold on the Royal last September (bacterial) and needed antibiotics and other medications. Bill was about $380. Submitted claim and I was reimbursed.

Pam is this an old link? The one I've found on the Princess site currently doesn't have any rate chart. The one you have looks like the one before they went to the tier and percentage rates. Yours is even has the old name of "Travel Care" rather than the new "Vacation Protection". I'm trying to get the new rate chart from Princess Customer Relations. They have promised to call me back but I haven't heard from them yet.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Princess_Vacation_Protection.pdf

Edited by cactusrose

Pam is this an old link? The one I've found on the Princess site currently doesn't have any rate chart. The one you have looks like the one before they went to the tier and percentage rates. Yours is even has the old name of "Travel Care" rather than the new "Vacation Protection". I'm trying to get the new rate chart from Princess Customer Relations. They have promised to call me back but I haven't heard from them yet.

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Princess_Vacation_Protection.pdf

My trip is to Alaska. This is where I found out the pricing. If you go to order a brochure for 2015 for Alaska and go to page 96 the percentages are listed.

The offer two types of protection the Vacation Protection and the Platinum Protection.

For Fares up to $2499.99 it was 8% of the total fare (12% for Platinum Protection). For fares $2500 to $4999.99 it was 7% of the total fare (11% for the Platinum Protection) and for +$5000 it was 6% of the total fare (10% for Platinum).

Another great PDF you can down load is found in the same area for ordering brochures that is called "Cruise Answers Book".

Hopefully this helps!

My trip is to Alaska. This is where I found out the pricing. If you go to order a brochure for 2015 for Alaska and go to page 96 the percentages are listed.

Princess offers two types of protection-- Vacation Protection and the Platinum Protection.

For Fares up to $2499.99 it was 8% of the total fare (12% for Platinum Protection). For fares $2500 to $4999.99 it was 7% of the total fare (11% for the Platinum Protection) and for +$5000 it was 6% of the total fare (10% for Platinum).

Another great PDF you can down load is found in the same area for ordering brochures that is called "Cruise Answers Book".

Hopefully this helps!

I think this is the link to the insurance with Princess Cruises.

http://www.princess.com/learn/answer/pdf/travel_care.pdf

This is an old brochure. I wish these were the rate because the new rates are much higher on the longer more expensive cruises

The offer two types of protection the Vacation Protection and the Platinum Protection.

Hopefully this helps!

When I spoke with Princess Customer Relations I was told that the rates will be changing for cruises sailing after April 2016. So the one you are referencing may be out of date by then. Of course it will be accurate for cruises sailing before that date. It's very frustrating when you see all the links on Princess with different information. Even the Vacation Protection PDF they sent me for a booking I have for a cruise that is sailing in January 2017 showed a different fare than they quoted on the confirmation. The problem is non of these are dated so you don't know which one is the most current.

I'm frustrated. I can't find anywhere I can find the rates for the Princess Travel Protection Plan. I found that they go through AON Affinity, but NOWHERE can I find rates. We are going on the Ruby Princess 15 day LA to Hawaii cruise over the Christmas holidays. Do they have levels of protection. Since we are basically not going out of the US, do we need anything more than cancellation insurance. We're all over sixty and in good health. I'm sure some of you have used this, so can you give me any info? I'd appreciate the help.

The most accurate way to check the rates for a particular cruise would be to do a trial booking (or to look at your Cruise Personalizer if you're already booked). It shows the specific rates for both options of the Travel Protection Plan.

The two levels are only for first, second, and third time Princess cruisers. After completing your third cruise (or 30th cruise day), you will be a Captain's Circle Ruby member. At that point you will receive the higher level Princess Vacation Protection at the price of the lower level.

On the 15 day LA to Hawaii cruise, you will be outside of the US almost the entire cruise. You will be in the US only when departing and arriving in LA and during 4 days in ports in Hawaii. The rest of the time you will be at sea - outside of the US. Princess ships provide excellent medical care in the medical center onboard, but all costs are charged to your shipboard account for you to pay. I don't know what medical insurance you have, but Medicare provides no coverage on the ship - it would cover medical care onshore in Hawaii but not on the ship.

Since we are basically not going out of the US, do we need anything more than cancellation insurance. We're all over sixty and in good health. I'm sure some of you have used this, so can you give me any info? I'd appreciate the help.

As Pam in CA said, no one plans to get sick or hurt on a cruise. What if you need immediate medical attention and you're 2-3 days out from Hawaii or the mainland. What if you need to be airlifted to either Hawaii or the mainland how will you be covered for that? We've always used TravelGuard for our trip insurance. We get the Silver plan which covers all of medical emergencies. It's not unusual to have someone pass away on a cruise, have a heart attack, or some kind of medical emergency. I've been on a number of them where it happened. You can shop around for trip insurance at insuremytrip.com.

My husband is in his late 60s and never gets sick but got a kidney stone on our transatlantic cruise this spring. We were at sea for eight days. He passed it after five days. The dr and his staff took good care of him and our $1500 bill was covered by our travel insurance. We were so happy he recovered for our European ports!

What if you need immediate medical attention and you're 2-3 days out from Hawaii or the mainland. What if you need to be airlifted to either Hawaii or the mainland how will you be covered for that?

You cannot be airlifted when you are more than a few hours from a port.

If you are 2-3 days from a port, the ship might go faster to get you there.