Pride of America- Interior cabin IB category

Kattus

Booked an inside for next May because the prices for the U.S. flagged ship are much higher than the other NCL ships. I haven't seen any reviews or pictures of insides on the PoA, other than people complaining that the OV cabins are tiny "so you can imagine how small the insides are" from someone's review. I picked the last inside cabin on Deck 11 before the doors to the outside deck so we don't feel claustrophobic and won't have a hard time getting a view of the Napali coast when she sails past it back to Honolulu. Has anyone stayed in an inside cabin on the PoA, and should we just pay the difference for a higher category, or is my strategy a smart one? :rolleyes:

POA/Hawaii is an expensive one - these days - but, it's well worth it just like Alaska. Insides are just fine, IMO, there's plenty of open deck & outdoor space to enjoy the scenic Napali coast sail by with the ship turning around so both portside & starboard will be facing it - with temp's in the 80's, we just stay on the top deck for 360 views (a nylon windbreaker is always helpful)

Well, here are 2 pictures of our POA oceanview cabins (back in 2009) those picture windows are huge (deck 5, portside) - just 2 of us in a cabin for 4 (with 2 pullman beds against the wall). We turned the beds sideway. It's very similar to the Inisde, and look just like the Dawn/Jewel class ships, and, it is BIGGER than those on the Breakaway (whether it's inside or oceanview)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/1980-2000%27s%20Travel/DSC00140.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/1980-2000%27s%20Travel/DSC00142.JPG

Towel animals :D - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/1980-2000%27s%20Travel/DSC00310.JPG

It's an easy DIY port-intensive itinerary, use the "smart" savings to treat yourself to some land-based luxury accommodations pre- and/or post-cruise (2 BR Waikiki condo w. 1,200 sf & balcony/slept 6 of us) as you are flying in 12+ hours to join the ship, or, rent a car to see the Big Island, Maui & Kauai yourself. Mahalo !

Edited by mking8288

Booked an inside for next May because the prices for the U.S. flagged ship are much higher than the other NCL ships. I haven't seen any reviews or pictures of insides on the PoA, other than people complaining that the OV cabins are tiny "so you can imagine how small the insides are" from someone's review. I picked the last inside cabin on Deck 11 before the doors to the outside deck so we don't feel claustrophobic and won't have a hard time getting a view of the Napali coast when she sails past it back to Honolulu. Has anyone stayed in an inside cabin on the PoA, and should we just pay the difference for a higher category, or is my strategy a smart one? :rolleyes:

How many of you are there? Some of the insides on PoA have two beds on the walls like in mkings photos although the beds on the floor are positioned underneath the beds on the wall not at a 90 degree angle under the one bed in the pictures.

Just the two of us. Assuming we won't get an upsell (my husband is hoping for one) this'll be our first time without a balcony. I'd be OK with this room if it's not as tiny as I've read, which is why I'm looking for first hand accounts.