Kids on cruises

lrockwitt

I understand there will be kids...I like kids. I just am concerned about how many kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can call Princess and ask. We are on the same cruise as you but in July. I called because I was curious about how many other children might be in the kids clubs for my kids to hang out with. They even broke it down for me--for example there are 129 children in the 9-12 age range on board my ship. I asked for that because those are my kid's ages, but they also told me how many total kids were on board. Many CA schools start back mid August--around August 18th so you will probably have less children on board. Hope you have a great cruise!

Last June, my DH and I cruised to Alaska on the Star Princess, round trip from San Francisco. We had very few children on our cruise. I don't recall any of them causing problems, unlike the Christmas cruise that we took where the parent let their children fill up the hot tubs with shampoo and take bubble baths. The parents were taking pictures and laughing. I personally was not amused.:rolleyes: And neither was the ship's officer that put a stop to their antics.

We are going August 10, out of San Francisco 10 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golden Princess 10 day RT SF.

Expect youth on board as it is a RT with no air involved for those in the SF area. The indoor & outdoor pools will probably have the most youth. Terrace Pool is adults only as is the Lotus Lap Pool. Youth normally do not attend activities in the lounges and activities such as trivia, bingo, theme nights, dancing, game shows, are really for adults, not children.

I would also expect a high passenger count with 3rd and 4th berths in many cabins being filled.

Do not feel the youth will ruin the cruise for your family. In the past, we always had to cruise during school holidays and we made out fine.

I'm a teacher and have two children so always cruise with children in school holidays. I agree it is a fantastic holiday for children and have not encountered problems with other children. The kids clubs do a great job and we fortunately have never had a problem. Pre-school children could of course be on any cruise. Make sure you avoid Costa and MSC as children are free on those lines and so there are always a lot!

If it is a problem however, P&O have adult only ships.

We've only cruised 5 times so far - all on Princess - and I have hardly ever even noticed kids on the ship. I see a few at the pools but kids on the cruises we've taken must be very well behaved as I really don't notice them much.

We cruised on a 10 day out of San Francisco in late June/early July two years ago. There were a lot of kids, but they didn't bother me too much even though there are a lot of sea days on the itinerary. Mostly, they spent time at the indoor pool, but even there I often found a lounger inside on the deck above and the noise level didn't seem too bad. Like a previous poster said, there are lots of multi-generational families on these cruises and it seemed like they stayed with their families when they weren't in the kids club. There was a group of teens that kept trying to sneak into the nightclub after 10:00 p.m., but that's a different story...

All in all, it did not negatively affect my cruise.

There will be children, Princess has a great kids program, and a lot of them stay occupied with that. Also, in Glacier Bay the park ranges conduct a jr. ranger program - keeps kids occupied then, too.

We have experienced some disruptive kids - mostly playing push all the buttons on the elevator - but usually we don't even know they are around.

Enjoy your cruise.