Melbourne Hotels

I have 5 nights in Melbourne & have too many choices for hotels;Pegasus Aparthotel, Grand Hotel M Gallery, Grand Chancellor, Rydges, Doubletree, Causeway Inn on the Mall & the Jasper. I want to do some walking & markets but also need to do laundry & get a massage & take some day trips. Any thoughts on where to stay?

I have 5 nights in Melbourne & have too many choices for hotels;Pegasus Aparthotel, Grand Hotel M Gallery, Grand Chancellor, Rydges, Doubletree, Causeway Inn on the Mall & the Jasper. I want to do some walking & markets but also need to do laundry & get a massage & take some day trips. Any thoughts on where to stay?

we recently stayed in Mecure Litttle Bourke St it was good.

Not a fan of the Grand Chancellor on Lonsdale St. Have stayed there for work and rooms unusual - with no accessible power points in my room and my colleague had powerpoints but would just about trip over the bed. Balcony was a small concrete square looking out on another building. The bar is pretty ordinary as well IMO.

I find the Vic Hotel a bit of a rabbit warren though it is a central location and others do like it.

If you want to do laundry I would suggest a serviced apartment hotel if possible. I would also prefer a location towards the Spring St end of the city as it is a bit of a hike (or tram ride) from those at the Spencer St end.

When we have had visitors to the university we have used the Quest Appartments in the city. Usually Little Ollins Street, but occasionally in Bourke Street.

We fitted out, including laundry facilities.

We've stayed at the Mantra Southbank apartments a few times. Good location, comfortable apartments with kitchenette in one bedroom ones, full kitchen in two bedroom apartments. Washing machine and dryer so easy to do laundry.

We stayed at the Alto on Bourke Street in a 2 bed apartment. Had it's own kitchen with cooker, sink, fridge, dishwasher TV's. Good reviews on Trip Advisor. Southern Cross Train Station 100 metres away, Spencer street the same - loads of eateries nearby. Ethiad Stadium nearby. Tram line right across the Road. Near to Little Bourke Street Shopping - great place. Easy access to everything.

Victoria markets (I think that's what it's called)- fabulous - easy access via tram (with a little walk) or the free HO HO bus

Not expensive IMHO

Here is the link https://www.altohotel.com.au/facilities.php

Edited by dizzy1948

We've stayed at the Mantra Southbank apartments a few times. Good location, comfortable apartments with kitchenette in one bedroom ones, full kitchen in two bedroom apartments. Washing machine and dryer so easy to do laundry.

I think that's the same Mantra we stayed at, t was great.

Also if you want something a bit down the price scale I've stayed at the Ibis a few times, when I had no say in where I was put up and it was OK.